CHAPTER SIXTEEN

- CHAPTER SIXTEEN -
"KARMA ALWAYS COMES BACK AROUND."

Finn woke up holding Beth in his arms

Finn woke up holding Beth in his arms. Immediately, he smiled.

Last night happened. It had been close to ten years since he'd gotten to be intimate with Beth, and it was ten years too long.

Beth Lynch was beautiful. She was everything he ever wanted in a partner, inside and out. He hated himself every day for pushing her away after he found out about the money.

He relished in the time he could watch her sleep, and hold her like he used to. Beth usually woke before him, so in their previous relationship he didn't get enough mornings like this. Now, he never wanted to take advantage of that again.

Finn admired Beth's freckles dusting her nose and cheeks, with clear, pale skin that held absolutely no flaws. Her red hair covered the right side of her face and he gently moved it behind her ear. At that movement, Beth smiled. "Are you watching me sleep?" she asked.

"Yes," he admitted, moving his hand back behind her back, squeezing her ass and making her giggle. "I've missed this. I've missed you."

Her brown eyes opened, her colder hand reaching out to lay on his cheek. Her eyes darted across his face, seeing his red lips and perfect smile. "I missed you, too, Finn."

Finn let out a breath of relief seeing that Beth hadn't regretted their night. She had every reason to—which could have made things really awkward.

Finn got his girl back.

His head leaned in to connect their lips once again. They shared the same air in their intimate moment, clinging on to each other and never letting go. It had been years since Finn had stayed in bed with another woman. His one night stands always ended with him leaving; he never slept in the same bed.

Beth was the only one, and once she left no one could replace her.

Beth pulled away, looking into Finn's eyes once again. Her leg was still propped up and heavily wrapped. "Are you going to the Performance Center today?" she asked.

Since Finn's next big move down to NXT was coming up, he had been off of television for a few weeks now as the suspense built up. He would debut on the first live episode of the developmental brand which had much better wrestling than the originals. Needless to say, he was excited. Especially since Beth would join him after her recovery.

In the meantime, he'd been working out and getting everything ready for the new show. Beth had yet to join him, her leg wasn't quite ready for physical therapy and her motivation had been lacking until today.

Finn nodded. "Going to workout and maybe wrestle with Adam a bit," he informed her. "You want to come with?"

Finn honestly hadn't expected Beth to say yes, seeing that she hadn't every other time. When she did, his eyes widened in surprise. Beth rolled her eyes laughing, playfully pushing him as he grabbed her hand. "I can always lift upper body," she spoke.