CHAPTER ELEVEN

- CHAPTER ELEVEN -
"MAYBE HAPPY ENDINGS DO EXIST."

- ELEVEN YEARS PRIOR -

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

- ELEVEN YEARS PRIOR -

Mary passed away before Finn and Beth even made it to the hospital.

Finn felt his heart ache, knowing Beth would've been with her mother if it weren't for him. Could he have driven faster? Should he have forced her to go home? He knew Mary's condition was worse than she told Beth. Should he have told her, against Mary's wishes?

He contemplated these thoughts for the days after seeing Mary in the hospital, trying to support Beth in any way. He knew that this wasn't standard procedure when it came to being her teacher and it could be considered wrong, but he hadn't cared. For some reason, he wanted to be there for her, and not just to fulfill Mary's promise.

Finn Bálor cared about Beth Lynch; she wasn't just another sister to him like Becky. That thought terrified him.

Finn helped Beth and Becky with the viewing and funeral set up; the money made during the house show covered everything plus leftover medical expenses. He was so thankful that they made enough to help.

At the viewing, dozens of community members showed their support for Mary and the Lynch family. Becky were Beth are her only remaining family and received condolences from people they barely knew. Becky had seemed irritated throughout the week, and Beth had barely said a word.

Finn watched on as Beth gave a small smile to each person who came across. She gave all of them hugs, asked them how they were doing and if she could help. It left him speechless.

Finn felt something inside of him change. Before the house show, he only viewed Beth as the little girl he met two years prior. However, now she was different—older and mature.

Finn Bálor was falling for her.

"Why are you still here, Finn?" Becky eventually left the line, not wanting to hear peoples 'sorry's' anymore.

Finn looked towards the older sister and his former student. Immediately, he looked back at Beth. He watched her as he replied, "I made a promise to Mary to support Beth. I'm not going to leave at one of the hardest times in her life."

Becky scoffed, "of course my mother was only worried about Beth."

Finn's head quickly turned back to Becky with his eyebrows furrowed. Anger rose inside of him. "Your mother was the most supportive woman I know. She loved you and Beth more than anything. She knew that you were planning on going back to America and leaving your sister behind and she understood; way more than I can. So yes, she was worried about Beth because Beth has nothing left. She doesn't have the liberty to tryout for WWE and give up. Neither should you."