Before Part 2

Miss Grey invited me to sit down, she explained we had a few things to discuss.
"Anne tell me what you know about your family please" asked Miss Grey
" I don't know anything" replied Anne.
"OK Anne I will tell you" Miss Grey took a very deep breath and said
"Your parents were called Walter and Bertha Shirley, they were both 25 when you were born, I'm told they had been married for two years before you were born.
You were three months old when they were killed in a car crash by a drunk driver. Your Mom died instantly and your Dad died two days later. The driver of the other car that crashed into your parents car was drunk, he tried to flee the scene but passers by held him until the police arrived.
He is an extremely wealthy business man, he was sentenced to two years in prison and ordered by the court to pay you five billion dollars"
"Miss Grey I don't own anything much less any money"
"Anne it has been in a bank account for you since you were three months old. Upon your eighteenth birthday you will recieve some of the money, then on your twenty-first, your twenty-fifth and lastly on your thirtieth birthday. The reason you weren't told about this money is because we decided you should only be told once you are adopted. You also have a second bank account the interest and small payments are paid into it, the balance is 75 million dollars"
"Oh my god I can't believe this, is it a joke" asked Anne
Miss Grey showed her the two bank books as proof.
The matron smiled kindly at Anne and said "goodbye Anne I hope you have a happy life"
"goodbye matron thank you" Anne replied.
Miss Grey and Anne walked away from the orphanage towards town.
"its time to go clothes shopping Anne and a decent haircut and manicure I should think" said Miss Grey
Anne was still in a daze, she was a billionaire. Yes it's true I have to wait for it, thought Anne, but I'm rich beyond my wildest imagination.

Anne and Miss Grey entered a huge shopping mall and started shopping. Anne bought a lot of clothes and shoes and had a bra fitting so she knew the right size to buy. She bought seven matching underwear sets, five pairs of pyjamas and quite a few pairs of comical socks.
Miss Grey packed Anne's purchases into a brand new suitcase. They went into the next shop and Anne bought three pairs of converse a pair of nikes, hoodies, tracksuit bottoms, tshirts, skirts, dresses, blouses and a new leather back pack. Then Anne had her hair washed, cut and blowdried, her nails manicured and painted jade green. They ate a quick lunch and Anne asked if they could run to the Apple store where she bought the latest iPhone and ipad.
Anne and Miss Grey hailed a cab to go to the port to catch the ferry to Charlottetown.