Avonlea

Gilbert showed Anne the high school, it was nothing special then they walked into town to the main street.
Anne saw the huge mall and dragged Gilbert in they went and looked in all the windows, they grabbed a milkshake each and walked home. Anne was happier than she had ever been and she knew she would sleep well that night.
After a good night's sleep and a delicious breakfast Anne asked Marilla if her and Gilbert could go out. Marilla said yes and gave Anne her phone number and had Anne's number put into her phone so she could phone them if she needed to. Anne told Marilla that they would eat lunch out but would be back before dinner.
Anne took Gilbert back to the mall, she took him into a menswear shop and asked the assistants for jeans, shirts, tracksuits, hoodies, jumpers, sweatshirts, shorts, trainers, boxers, pyjamas, socks, coats and bags. She said everything had to be named and told Gilbert to tell the assistants his sizes.
Meanwhile Anne picked out new shirts, jumpers, jeans, pyjamas, dressing, gowns, slippers and shoes for Matthew and John after texting Marilla for all their sizes. Anne was having a ball helping Gilbert pick new clothes and picking gifts for her loved ones. After they had finished in that shop Anne asked could they leave their purchases there until they had finished shopping. The assistants were only too happy to help because they worked on commission and Anne had just spent $8000 in that one shop.
Gilbert's head was spinning he could not believe Anne had bought him all of those clothes, nobody had ever done anything like that before for him. Gilbert was used to being poor, they had never been rich even before his Dad's illness but they always had enough.
Anne took Gilbert into the fragrance shop, he tried on aftershave while Anne was trying the perfumes. She asked Gilbert for his opinion which resulted in two bottles of perfume for Anne, two bottles of aftershave for Gilbert and a lot of blushes.
They decided to get lunch next and went to a restaurant in the mall and sat in a cosy Booth in the back.
The server came to take their orders Anne ordered a cup of tea, breaded mushrooms as a starter and lasagne for main meal. Gilbert also asked for a cup of tea he asked for soup to start and a chicken curry for main meal. They were sipping on their tea when Anne heard Gilbert mutter under his breath "please God no"
Anne asked Gilbert what was wrong he said he would tell Anne later.
"hey handsome" said a cute little blonde girl
"hey gil" said a really beautiful blonde girl
Anne felt slightly envious of these beautiful girls especially because she detested her red hair.
"hi Ruby and Josie" Gilbert said politely.
All of a sudden Anne felt the weight of the girls stares upon her, they asked Gilbert who she was, Gilbert introduced Anne as his best friend. Anne was really pleased that Gilbert had said that, she smiled pleasantly at the girls. The girls looked her up and down and started whispering to each other but making sure Anne could hear the derogatory words they spoke about her. Gilbert saw Anne's face fall and quickly said goodbye to the two girls, he had heard enough of what they said and he was furious.
"Anne please don't listen to them, they are nasty bitches. They used to be OK but they went over to the dark side. Anne you are beautiful, amazing, smart, funny and so very kind" Gilbert pleaded with a small cute pout on his face. Anne gave him a small smile.
There food arrived and they began eating and talking. Anne was still upset by what the two girls had said but hoped she could still enjoy her day. After their meal Anne and Gilbert bought gifts for Marilla and visited a book shop where Anne bought quite a few books. They were just heading to the electrical shop when Anne saw a lovely coat
"Gilbert can we pop into this shop first please"
"yes of course Anne" said Gilbert
The cost was jade green (Anne's favourite colour) it was thickly padded, it had fur round the cuffs and the hood. Gilbert told Anne she looked great in the coat and found a glittery silver hat, gloves and scarf set to go with it. Anne bought it for herself.
They went to the electrical shop Anne told the assistant she wanted to buy the latest iPhone and ipad, when the assistant bought them out to the seats they were sitting on Anne told Gilbert they were for him, Gilbert said he Could not accept them because she had spent so much on him. Anne told Gilbert that he was her first ever friend and that he would be accepting them because she wanted to treat him. They collected all their other purchases from all the shops called a cab and went back to Green gables. Anne handed round the gifts and everyone was grateful for this loving generous girl.
After dinner Marilla, Matthew and John went to bed. Anne and Gilbert decided to watch tv in the living room, they picked the conjuring. Anne had never seen a horror film before and kept moving closer to Gilbert out of fear, Gilbert just smiled enjoying Anne immensely.
The next day was the day before school, Anne was extremely nervous about school, she wasn't worried about the academic side of things more the social interactions with the other kids. Gilbert reassured Anne that she would be fine, that he would be with her and nobody would say anything nasty to her.