Five: New admission

Evelyn's POV

It was after school when I came to the lockers. Blake was already at Luke's lockers, smirking like usual.

I punched the code in and it opened. But,

Inside was a bar of KitKat with a pink tulip flower and a white note.

What? Who did this?

I picked the note up.

Happy birthday,

Evelyn.

- unknown.

What the fuck? Is someone playing games with me?

I then looked at the flower and smiled. I love tulips. I carefully held it in my hand and picked the KitKat bar, putting it in my bag. I smiled.

It felt like someone cared.

But I know, no one does.

Just when I turned, Blake was in front of me, I nearly fell back but he caught my arm, making me steady.

Ignoring the sparks that ran up my spine, I raised an eyebrow at him.

Unexpectedly, he took a step ahead, his face dangerously close to mine as he leaned down, his gaze on my lips.

Oh my god! Is he going to kiss me now?

Just when our lips were an inch apart, he dodged them and placed them on shell of my ear and it made my knees weak.

"Happy birthday," he whispered, "Evelyn." He then moved back and walked away.

What the heck just happened!!!!!?

••••

"Dear students, we have a new admission in this class. Her name is Rebecca Davis." The vice principal said and moved, that's when we saw the girl.

She was wearing a really short dress. Her butt was showing off and even her boobs. They almost popped out of the dress. She was even wearing too much of a make up and horrible red lipstick.

Every guy was drooling over her sight.

Ew!

I looked at Amy and saw her already looking at me. We then looked at boys, Luke and Blake.

Both of them were staring at her too, but I didn't find them checking her out. I felt satisfied. Don't ask why.

Blake turned his head and saw me staring at him. He raised an eyebrow. My mind directly went to the thing that happened two days ago. I shook my head, feeling my cheeks heat up and looked in front.

I then sneaked a peek at him and saw him tapping his pen on the table, lazily. A smile just made its way to my lips.

I'm glad he wasn't looking at the girl.

"Ms Davis, you may take a seat next to any student you want." The vice principal said. She nodded and looked around the room. Her gaze stopped on Blake and she walked to him slowly.

Noooooooo!

She stopped near his desk, motioning him to move and give her some space. He frowned and glared at her.

"No. Go and sit somewhere else." He dismissed her angrily.

"Mr Maxwell! Behave yourselves please." Vice principal warned him.

"It's not my fault that I don't like sharing, oldie." He muttered the last word. Everyone except vice principal heard that and held their laugh.

"Don't worry sweetie, I don't either." Rebecca said and sat in front of him. For a moment, I was confused about what she said.

But then I realized she was talking about sharing Blake himself.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

••••

I was now at the cafeteria, taking my lunch while Luke and Amy were arguing.

"Baby! Just listen to me this once." Luke said. Amy shook her head.

"You were clearly checking out that newbie, Luke! Why don't you just except it. If you're not interested in me anymore, you should just tell me straight instead of checking other girls out right in front of me." Amy said.

"Baby!" Luke said, running behind her.

"Don't 'baby' me!"

"Amy, I swear I wasn't doing what you're accusing me for." Luke said. Aw! He's so innocent. "Amy baby, I love you. I would never cheat on you. I swear." Luke whispered, holding Amy by her waist.

"You love me?" Luke nodded. Her eyes teared. "I love you too, Lukey." She hugged him and he kissed her.

I smiled.

"Yuck!" Blake said from beside me, looking at them both with a disgusted face. I hit his arm.

"You ruined their moment." I whisper yelled at him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Since when did you started liking the "Couple" thing?" He asked, making air quotes at the couple word.

"I don't like the "Couple" thingy. But if someone else does, you shouldn't judge them or interrupt them which you clearly did." And I moved to a table. Surprisingly, Blake followed me and sat in front of me.

"What are your thoughts on "relationship"?" He asked.

"Since when did you started caring about my thoughts?" I smirked and teased.

"Can we for once, have a decent discussion or a even a small talk?" He asked, sighing in frustration. I giggled and shook my head.

"We can't." This made him chuckle too. It was the first time I heard him laugh. A real laugh. For a moment, we were just staring at each other. I didn't even care where Amy and Luke were.

I didn't want this moment to end.

But of course, the universe is against me.

The newbie, Rebecca came to our table with two girls trailing behind her.

Guess, she had already got her minions ready.

Bitch.

"Hey handsome!" She chirped as she placed her hand on Blake's arm and said. Blake jerked her hand off of him and glared at him. "Playing hard to get? I see." She giggled in her screech voice.

"What do you want, Becca?" Blake growled.

Becca?

"I see, you haven't forgotten me already. Good." She smirked.

Forgotten?

They know each other?

"Unfortunately, I haven't. Leave me alone now." Blake said, dismissing her. But she clearly doesn't get a hint.

"For now, I will. Come on, girls." She said and moved away. I raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged, continuing to eat.

"Are you free today?" He asked out of blue. I shook my head.

"I'm very expensive as always." I smirked, lightening up the mood. He chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

"I was serious. Are you?"

"Nope. Xavier is going back to his school tomorrow. I'm spending the day with him. Why?"

"Luke, Amy and I were going to a diner for lunch. I thought you'd like to come." He stated and I hummed.

"Maybe next time." I said. He raised his eyebrow.

"There will be a next time?" He smirked.

"If, there is a next time." I corrected myself and we laughed.