Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎

Start from the beginning

In the opening of the door stood a boy—if you could even call him that. He looked more like a man. A young, extremely handsome man. His dark brown hair, practically black, stood messily on his head, yet it still was perfect. His clouded, green, and almost fully grey eyes examining the room. His plump lips pressed into a thin line as he held a blank expression. I have never seen such a beautiful human being before, I'm not even exaggerating. How cliché this may sound, it wouldn't surprise me if he were the son of a Greek God.

The atmosphere felt chiller and a painful tension was hanging in the air as everyone was waiting for his next move. And I was certain that I wasn't the only one who felt it when I saw everybody turn their focus on him.

The different kinds of people looked at him in different, various ways. Most girls, like the two that were previously scolding me, looked at him with something in their eyes. Something I've seen before, but don't know what it is. They flipped their hair and pushed up their boobs a bit, now showing more cleavage than before. One girl even pulled up her skirt 'til it reached above mid-thigh. It was like he was getting his own free stripping show.

Guys looked at him with, what I assumed to be, jealousy. They envied him like I envied a lot of girls here, but I didn't show it that easily. They watched him with hatred in their eyes, but also something else. Something the room was filled with...

Fear. Everyone here held an expression of fear, even the girls that were trying to seduce him couldn't hide the tinge of distress they felt.

I immediately looked down at my desk, fiddling with my fingers as he made eye contact with me. I was bad at keeping eye contact with strangers, but with him...his piercing stare was too much, even if it only was for a millisecond.   

I could feel his burning glare on me. Why was he looking at me? He began taking long, confident strides in my direction. You could feel and hear the power bursting out from them. I swallowed loudly, hoping no one heard it, and shifted uneasily in my seat.

Evie moved a bit to the right when he was only a few feet away from us. He didn't even take notice of the other students that were watching the scene, it was like they weren't even there.

His back and shoulders were tense, just like his neck. I couldn't look away anymore, so I raised my eye-level a little. I was now staring at his chest. Although I knew he wanted me to look up, I possibly couldn't make eye contact with him, I'd most likely faint right there on the spot.

Even his body was sculpted by a God. You could see the muscles flexing through his black shirt whenever he moved and-

"You're in my seat," he stated lowly. Gosh, is he even human? His voice is so deep, yet it doesn't sound creepy or ancient. You could hear the self-assurance flowing in thick waves from his voice. He wasn't angry, but there was clearly annoyance in his tone, like he was on the edge of exploding.

I didn't need to look to know that he was talking to me, and because I didn't want to anger him, I slowly viewed his face, biting my bottom lip as I saw his perfect facial features again. I honestly don't think I'll ever get used to that.

The intense stare coming from his now grey and darker shade of eyes flickered to my lip between my teeth for a quick second before we met gazes again. He cocked his curved brow, waiting for a response from me. I turned my head to the side and looked at Evie, silently probing her what to do.

Liv always told me to stand up for myself more, but if I did, I'd undoubtedly end up digging my own grave. And I guess I was right when I spotted Evie's wide eyes and open mouth, she quickly motioned for me to stand up. And that is exactly what I did. I stood up instantly, causing my—no, his chair to scrape the floor and almost fall back over.