"No, but we haven't asked."

That surprised me. Of course Ben knew, but David and Sophia didn't know anything more than I'd already mentioned, yet they still welcomed me with open arms. They trusted Joey and his opinion of me, they have given me a chance even though they know nothing about my history.

"Well, I told you my dad died when I was 11," I started and she nodded. "He taught me to play. Basketball was our thing, he loved the sport. After he died, it wasn't the same. I was a daddy's girl, my mom, well she didn't get it. Not just basketball, the entire being a parent thing."

"I remember you mentioning you were estranged from your mother. That can't be easy after losing one parent?"

"If I can be honest, my mom has been a stranger to me my whole life, despite living under the same roof. She despised my existence from birth. Post natal depression turned to drug use. It got worse when dad died. I found her frothing from the mouth one day and was put in foster care for 3 years. When I was 16 I went back into her care, or more cared for myself. Now she's in prison, I don't know which one. It sounds depressing, but I don't have a home or a life to ever go back to in San Diego, yet I'm not really sad about it."

"We seem to have a lot in common then," Sophia replied.

"Joey told me the other day that you were in the system from birth, I hope you don't mind him telling me."

"Of course not. I wouldn't expect him to keep anything from you."

"He did at first. I was mad at him for not telling me after I told him my story. But after he explained he wanted me to know you first without knowing your history it made sense. I guess he did the same thing in reverse to you too."

"Everyone has a history Morgan. It's more important who you are now, than what's in your past. Your mothers behaviour is beyond your control, you just got caught up in her mess. It appears to have made you a stronger person though."

I smiled to myself when I realised that both Joey and Ben had said the same thing to me. It appears to be a Cameron family value to respect people for who they are.

"Did you have it rough in foster care?" I ask, curious about her experience. I know I got lucky to have stayed with only one family and not have to change schools.

"I want to say it wasn't too bad, but that's a lie. I had two good homes and I had many more horrible ones. My childhood has made me incredibly grateful for what I have today and what I'm able to give my children."

"You've raised amazing children. It's so easy for children from wealthy families to turn into brats, but it's clear all the Cameron's know the value of family over money. Did you know I had no idea Joey and Harper were even from money for the first two weeks I knew them? It wasn't until I saw their cars!"

Sophia laughed softly, "I guess we did do well didn't we."

I nodded, "Of course I'm slightly bias when it comes to Joey."

She smiled fondly, "We've all noticed. It goes both ways. My son has always been happy, but with you, it's like a whole new fire has been ignited."

We sat in silence for a few minutes, watching the boys. They moved the ball so effortlessly it was mesmerising. Joey glanced over at us, catching my eye he winked then smiled that pretty boy smile. I felt myself blush as I smiled back.