"Then tell him! Don't wait for him, he's a male, they can be dense, especially Joey in the love department," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I'm an idiot," I muttered.

"Eh! I can't disagree. Now are you done throwing a tantrum with your clothes? This mess is giving me anxiety," she said, folding up some of the clothes that had landed on her side of the room.

Later that evening I was finishing up for the day at The Busy Bean after an extremely uneventful shift. I think I had checked my phone at least two dozen times in the last hour alone, expecting a text from Joey about meeting after my shift, but there was nothing. I even tried turning it on and off thinking that maybe there was something wrong with my phone.

Radio silence all day.

By the end of my shift I was feeling anxious, sad and forgotten. He always text me, especially when we hadn't seen each other, even if it was just to let me know that he was thinking of me.

As I finished cleaning the last of the dishes in the kitchen, I had now convinced myself that he didn't want to be with me and this was his was of breaking up with me.

I walked from the kitchen to collect my belongings, trying to hold back the tears at least until I was alone outside.

"I'm off Sandra, I'll see you Thursday," I called out while putting my jacket on.

"Hold up, this is for you," she said handing me an envelope. I instantly recognised Joey's hand writing on the front.

"What's this?" I asked, a million thoughts running through my mind. Is he breaking up with me via a letter?

"You'll have to open it and find out. Your boy dropped it off earlier, but he said not to give it to you until you finished. He was being very sneaky," she explained.

My heart shattered. He came here and didn't want to see me? I know we had both been incredibly busy lately, but I thought we were stronger than this.

"Thanks," I muttered, turning to leave.

"You ok hun?" Sandra asked, noticing how deflated I was.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. See you Thursday," I waved goodbye.

Stepping outside the door I ripped open the note, my heart just about beating out of my chest.

Morgan,

I know you are probably freaking out right now, thinking the worst.

Please don't.

Walk to the stadium.

Joey xx

My heartbeat slowed, only slightly out of relief. It wasn't a break up letter. Figuring I had nothing to lose by following his directions, I did what he asked and walked to the stadium.

When I arrived, I saw another note taped on the door of the very empty stadium with my name on it.

I miss you. So much.

Walk inside, the door is unlocked.

Excitement was now bubbling inside of me rather than the dread I had all day. It's amazing how fast ones mood can change because of a few little notes. Fifteen minutes ago, I had convinced myself that Joey was breaking up with me.

I opened the door, stepping inside the foyer and instantly noticed a line of tea light candles creating a path. I followed them until I found myself on the basketball court.

In the centre of the court sat a picnic rug, a few cushions and some take out bags. But I couldn't see Joey anywhere. I walked towards the rug, my footsteps echoing in the eerily silent stadium. On the rug was one more note. As soon as I picked up the note, music started playing, Amazed by Lonestar.