𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 - 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The Survey Corps, who are still in Stohess District, set out for Ehrmich District to assist in the crisis, the breaching of Wall Rose.

"They're really taking their time." Eren impatiently groaned, constantly tapping on the wood.

"Eren. Cover up. It's cold at night." Mikasa wrapped a green cloak around Eren's body. It had the 'Wings of Freedom' stitched at the back.

"Sorry to keep y'all waiting! It took us a while to get prepared." Deputy Commander Hanji apologized.

Deputy Commander Hanji, Lance Corporal Levi, and...Pastor Nick join the wagon outside of Stohess District's inner gate.

"Um...why did you bring a priest from the Church of the Walls?" Armin inquired, staring at the man seated in front of me.

"Oh, Nick here is one of my best friends! Right?" Deputy Commander Hanji wrapped her arm around Pastor Nick.

"Well, don't mind him. There's no rhyme or reason for the way these groups are organized. Don't you think, Levi?" she turned to Lance Corporal Levi.

"No, there is. Erwin didn't put these four together for no reason." he retorted, staring at the four of us.

"Seriously, why do they have to bring a priest to the battlefield? What's he gonna do? Recite prayers and baptize the Titan?" I muttered.

"I'm sure they brought him with us with an ulterior motive. I'm not sure what it is, though." Armin whispered.

"The situation within Wall Rose is unclear. What we do know is that Ehrmich District is still safe." Commander Erwin announced.

The Stohess inner gate is opened, and Commander Erwin briefs us on our mission to head to Ehrmich District.

After he's done explaining, we are going to be joining the rest of the Survey Corps in Wall Rose's territory.

"Move out!" he turned his horse and began to lead the group of scouts that were still alive.

"Yes, sir!" most of them replied.

"So, mind explaining why a priest is here? I don't see any use of him on the battlefield." I spoke up.

"If you're planning to use him as bait, I don't mind. We could really use something that could slow down the Titans." I provoked.

"Don't get me wrong, I respect...no, I honestly don't care about your religion. But do you really have worth in the battlefield?" I stared at him blankly.

We then learn of Pastor Nick's knowledge of the Titan inside of the Wall, or rather, Titans.

Deputy Commander Hangi informs us that they plan to bring Nick to Ehrmich District where he can see the full consequences of the Titan invasion.

Eren grew angry at Nick's insistence to remain silent, and Levi proposed using the threat of violence to get Nick to talk.

Deputy Commander Hangi insisted that Pastor Nick will not be moved by violence.

Is his faith that strong? Even if he was staring at death right in the face, he's going to stick to his beliefs?

Is this thing, that he's been keeping from everyone, more important than the fate of humanity?

The bare branches spiked into the sky, no sign of life to be found anywhere. It was so dark you were barely able to see where you were going.

There were only small sounds of rustling bushes, the howls of the wind, and the footsteps of the horses.