𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Attention!" Commander Pyxis yelled from the very top of the Wall. He does realize that he's like 50 meters up, right?!

He lays out the plan for the reconquest of Trost by sealing the hole made by the Colossal Titan.

The soldiers wonder how they will accomplish this amazing feat, and Pyxis introduces Eren to the soldiers as the one who will seal it.

Our comrades are shocked when they heard this, and Commander Pyxis continued to introduce Eren as a part of the government's 'top-secret experiment' to turn a human into a Titan.

He explained that Eren is capable of generating a Titan's body and moving it according to his will.

"Quite the introduction, huh?" I mumbled. Obviously, those who work with the government knew that information was fake.

So in his Titan form, he'll lift the large boulder in the vicinity of the front gate, carry it to the destroyed gate, and seal it.

Our duty, as soldiers, is to protect him from other Titans until he's moved the boulder.

"There's no need to fight the Titans?" I heard from behind me.

"I-I'm sorry. It's not my place as a recruit to say anything." Armin responded.

"Forget that. Continue explaining." our superior ordered.

Armin explained the plan in greater detail to two elite soldiers of the Garrison.

Placing my chin on top of my palm, I watched as Armin explained the plan thoroughly to the soldiers.

Using the information that Titans react to concentrations of humans, they will lure them to a corner of the Wall, on the other side of Trost.

Then, they will be able to keep direct contact to a minimum and take out Titans via the cannons mounted on the Walls.

A small group of elite soldiers will be assigned to protect Eren while he moves the boulder to plug the hole.

Well, that's what Armin told them. I just explained it based on what I understood from him.

"Okay, understood. Let's replan using that as a basis." the male elite soldier of the Garrison said.

Armin, of course, felt unsure about the plan. He's uncertain about carrying out the plan with uncertainty in his mind.

The soldier agreed, saying that there's something to be said about putting soldiers at risk when the foundation of a plan is anything but reliable.

"But Commander Pyxis's reason is valid as well." the male soldier mentioned.

"Right. We also need to worry about time. Even as we speak, the Titans continue to invade." the female elite soldier of the Garrison spoke up.

"As more make their way into the town, recapturing it will become impossible." she said.

"Not to mention, the chance that Wall Rose is breached increases." the male added.

"Don't forget, there's a limit to how long people can act with fear as their driving force." I finally decided to speak up.

On the ground, the plan seems to be met with resistance and disbelief. Large numbers of soldiers start to walk away.

As more and more start to follow these examples, Captain Woermann attempts to impose capital punishment, by killing the mutineers.

Before he starts, however, Commander Pyxis informs the group that whoever leaves will be pardoned, gaining the attention once again of the crowd.