4

A/N

I had a hard time writing this chapter lolololol. In my opinion, this is one of those really boring chapters from this fanfic lmao.

-------

The clock made a loud noise causing for all the examiners face that direction. The door opened revealing a fat guy holding a chair. A girl with blue hair sat in that chair while looking at the examiners with a bored expression

"Today's phase is all about cooking" the examiner proclaimed at them

A lot of the examines are shock to hear what the second phase is all about. There are a lot of whispers heard from the crowd and a lot of complaints about it.

She can't even help it but complain just like everyone. After all, she sucked at cooking.

The mere gourmet hunters warned the examines about how dangerous the forest is. Instead of listening, they ran towards the forest, looking for something to cook.

Unlike the others, she walked in a moderate pace while yawning. She stopped for a moment to grab her knife hidden in her left foot. She then continued to move deeper towards the forest.

Seeing the familiar pigs, she smirked to herself. Making sure she doesn't made any noise, she tightened her grip at the knife she's holding. She then hit the poor pig using it.

The pig lost its senses the moment the knife hit its head. She carried the pig in her back and took steps going outside.

When she reached the kitchen, she turned the stove on. She washed the knife that she used in hitting the pig back in the forest. After washing, she dried it and walked towards the pig. She chopped the pig and removed its internal organs.

She kept her voice down when a loud cheerful bright voice spoke causing for her to sigh inwardly.

She really thought that that guy is already dead earlier, but no. During the last minute, it appears suddenly with his companions.

She was now cooking the pork while watching how Menchi threw the food that is presented to her.

When she's already done, she took her apron away and transferred the cooked pork in the plate.

She walked towards the table and presented her work. Inside her mind, she proudly thought that Menchi will like her work. After all, she put effort in the dish.

Menchi stared at the dish presented in front of her for a split minute. She then grabbed her fork and knife and took a slice of her cooking.

"This tasted good" Menchi complemented

She was about to flash her fake wide grin when Menchi cut her

"Do you really expect me to say that?" she asked in a bored tone

She then threw the food in front of her angrily

"Get this trash out of here!" she shouted

***

A lot of the examiners aren't happy of Menchi's decision. Even she isn't happy of her decision but she didn't broadcast it. Yet, a particular guy with dark blond hair tucked in a ponytail prefers to differ.

"I don't need a gourmet hunter to ruin my future!" he shouted

In return, Menchi just mocked him causing for him to turn red.

He turned his hand into a fist and lunged forward towards Menchi. Menchi on the other hand just watched at him with a bored expression. With determination, he positioned himself in a fighting one.

She just smirked at the scene in front of her. The guy obviously had no match for a person like Menchi.

He was about to hit Menchi in the face when Buhara interfered at them and slapped him hard. The way Buhara slapped him makes him fly away

"Buhara, don't interfere" Menchi calmly ordered her companion

"Well, if I haven't intervened, you could've killed him right?" He asked in a worried tone

In return, Menchi chuckled. She stood up and and dusted herself. She looked at the crowd in front of her and spoke.

"Every hunter knows some form of martial art. As gourmet hunters, they ventured into the dens of ferocious beast searching for ingredients."she continued "You lack focus and the willingness of experiment. That alone disqualifies you from becoming a hunter"

Instead of protesting, the crowd just remained silent. There was an awkward silence. Most of them obviously wanted to fight for what they believe but they were afraid to end up like that fat guy.

"That said, it would be excessive to fail all applicants" A voice from above shouted

There were a lot of murmurs heard from the crowd. A lot of them are wondering who is the geezer who made a scene. In a split second, a man with slippers jumped from the airship. He then calmly walked towards Menchi.

The old hag asked Menchi a few questions while Menchi answered them politely.

"How about this, I'd like you to continue serving as an examiner. But you must also take part in the new test you propose. Is that acceptable?" the chairman suggested

Menchi smirked at him before answering

"Then the new challenge will be boiled eggs"

She flipped her hair and looked as she puffed up at the chairman.

"Chairman, can you take us to Mt. Split in half?"