Seer

The crystal ball shines softly as she waves a hand next to it, lighting it up further. The woman sitting across from her is sniffling and clutching so hard onto a small red jacket that her knuckles were turning white. She was in her late forties or so, her hair pulled up in a messy ponytail, baby hairs frizzy. Her face was holding all of her emotions and Y/n could see that even without being able to sense them. Her eyes were red rimmed, cheeks blotchy and tear stained her lips a mess of smudged nude colored lipstick.

Y/n gave her a soft smile, putting her hand out slowly.

"May I?" she asked, gesturing for the jacket. The woman hesitated, clutching it a bit tighter before slowly handing it over. Y/n smoothed her hand over the material of the jacket, laying it down on the table and placing both hands on it. She stared into the ball as images started to swarm it, moving fast like looking at trees while you're driving. She breathed steadily as she slowed them down.

"Was your little boy wearing a blue tee shirt?" she asked, watching as a boy no older than four clumsily climbed over a fallen log, looking behind himself with a gleeful smile on his face.

"No," the woman answered wearily. Y/n watched as the little boy in the image fell, his face contorting in pain. A woman ran in from the side, gently scooping him up and placing a kiss to his knee. The image changed and the little boy and the woman were standing beside a car. The boy was scratching at a patch of dirt with a stick as the woman searched for something in the backseat of her car. The little boy was only a few feet away from her when a man walked into the frame, scooped the boy up, and ran. The woman looked up ten seconds later, holding a black jacket and looking for the boy. She called his name, looking around frantically.

The image fell away, another one in a similar area of the woods taking it's place. A similar looking boy was walking through the woods.

"Was he wearing a red Flash shirt?" Y/n asked.

"Yes!" the woman gasped. Y/n watched the little boy play, stomping in puddles and picking up different rocks to show someone that Y/n couldn't see.

"Who was with him?" she asked.

"Um, no one I don't think. The woods are right behind our house, he wasn't even supposed to be in there," she cried softly. Y/n watched the little boy smile a the person she still couldn't see, but it was slightly forced and his eyes kept darting around. After only a few moments, once the little boy had jumped a few feet away, he started running. The images came faster now, following the little boy as he raced through the woods, ducking under fallen branches and moving swiftly around trees. Y/n contained her expressions as the boy was grabbed and pulled into a mans chest. She could see the excited expression on his face as he was finally revealed.

The image followed them as the man placed a rag over the squirming boys mouth, smiling wide as the boy fell limp.

A cabin was the next image in the crystal ball, slightly dilapidated She was expecting him to go inside, but he didn't. He stopped a few feet away from the cabin, kneeled down, and grabbed something on the forest floor. He lifted up a thick piece of wood, revealing a staircase built into the ground. The wood was covered in leaves and rocks and dirt that Y/n assumes he glued on because they didn't fall when he raised it up. The man climbed down the stairs with the little boy thrown over his shoulder, the wooden piece falling into place once they were fully underground. The boy from her first vision was in the hidden bunker, handcuffed to a bed that was nailed to the floor. He looked terrified and injured but he was alive.

The vision fell away from the man laid the boy on the bed.

Y/n looked up, only now realizing that she had been clutching the red sweater tight enough to make her knuckles white.