|6| you win some, you lose some

Y/n was no stranger to the underworld. When she was five she had lost herself in the endless caves and tunnels, dragging her fingertips along the coarse rocks and sparking energy against them. Her father would gather her in his arms and teach her everything he could with the time that they had together. She remembers him talking about the pendant, and the story he told of a scare princess desperately needing to replace her fathers crown before she was arrested for stealing. Despite the blood ties, her father told her that stealing from your own was punishable to the extreme. So she came down and recruited the help of a high level demon for the price of her soul once she died. The demon crafted the pendant and the princess was spared, the pendant disguised as a royal crown was lost once the king fell and ended up bouncing around a few demons before disappearing. Her father had heard that a witch hid it so it wouldn't be used to evil, but that was just a rumor.

Y/n shimmered into a relatively uncharted section of the underworld, scanning her surrounding quickly and shielding herself in the shadows. She took cautious steps forward, keeping herself close to the walls of the cave. A sharp scream echoed through the tunnel, the hairs on the back of Y/n's neck raising with the cry.

"Pendant of princess Emily Gee show your path to me," the spell was half-assed, Y/n knew that, but it did the job. A dull green trail appeared on the floor before her. "That'll do," she whispered to herself as she followed the green trail. It led her deeper and deeper into the caves, weaving her through corridors and snaking around through parts of the underworld she had never gone. She was sidetracked a few times with demons questioning where she was going and what she was doing but she cunningly talked her way around it.

The trail led her into a smaller cave, stopped in the middle of the floor. She kneeled down at the end of the trail and held her hands above the ground. Her magic tingled inside of her as the ground split apart, breaking and cracking until the pendant was revealed. She picked it up with gentle fingers, sweeping dirt off of it and carefully tucking it into her pocket. She moved the rocks back into place before standing up, sweeping dirt off of her knees.

Her body was thrown back against the rocks as she was about to shimmer, her back connecting harshly with the solid earth.

"Think you can creep around without me knowing?" Y/n rolled her eyes, grunting as she pushed herself up from the ground. Callie laughed darkly, a fire ball forming in her hand. Y/n's opened her hands, energy balls igniting in her palms.

"You dropped everything to come looking for me Cal? I'm touched," Y/n scrunched her nose in faux affection. Two demons stood behind Callie like puppies waiting for a command. Callie scoffed, throwing a fireball that Y/n easily deflected. Callie threw herself forward, launching at Y/n with a growl. Y/n snaked around her, narrowly missing a fireball from one of the demon puppies. She fired an energy ball and hit one, vanquishing him easily. Callie launched at her again, but Y/n shimmered away before she could reach her.

Y/n stumbled once she was safely outside of the Halliwell manor, hidden behind the banister. She sighed as she walked up to the door, ringing the doorbell.

"You're right on time, Chris was about to write you off as dead," Phoebe said as she ushered Y/n inside with a roll of her eyes. She led Y/n back up to the attic where Piper, Paige, Leo, and Nancy were hovering over a cauldron.

"I come bearing gifts," Y/n smiled, pulling the pendant from her pocket.

"I can feel the 'i told you so' dying on Chris' tongue," Paige said, taking the pendant and carrying it over to Nancy. Chris rolled his eyes, dropping down onto the couch and crossing his arms like a scolded child.

"It's alright big guy, you win some, you lose some," Y/n nudged his foot as she walked past him to help Nancy with the glamour spell.