|4| Breakfast for dinner

Y/n sighed as she slide into a booth at her favorite restaurant. The place was small, the environment warm and cozy. The lights above the table casted a soft glow on each table, creating an almost intimate atmosphere beneath them.

Tina walked up to her table and have her a half smile.

"What do you want?" She asked. Her dyed purple hair was pulled up in a neat ponytail, he caramel skin glowing softly under the lights.

"Pancakes," Y/n said, leaning back against the booth cushion.

"It's 12am Y/n, you don't want dinner?" Tina asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Tina, I've been coming here for two years, have I ever ordered food at the appropriate time of day? Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and orange juice please," Y/n waved Tina off, earning a smack to the back of the head. Y/n chuckled as the older woman walked away. Y/n winced as she shifted in the booth, her hand going down to her side. The gash beneath her shirt was still healing, protected by bandaging but still throbbing.

"You know what's good here?" Y/n looked up, a smile playing at the corners of her lips as Chris stood before he table. Y/n gestured to the booth space across from her. Chris slid into the booth, sliding his coat off of his shoulders, leaving him in a dark blue long sleeve.

"If you're a normal person and looking for dinner I'd say the burger and fries, I however am getting pancakes," Y/n smiled.

"Hmm, pancakes do sound sound, maybe I'll just steal yours," he teased.

"You touch my pancakes and I will kill you Chris Halliwell, I will cast a spell to turn you into a pancake, then I will eat you," Y/n said, picking up her spoon and pointing it at the man.

"Oh, kinky," he smirked, his eyes squinting. Y/n rolled her eyes, dropping the spoon.

"Not that I don't enjoy your company Mr. Grumpy pants," Chris rolled his eyes, "but what are you doing here?"

"I was walking past from the store down the street," Chris paused, holding up the CVS bag that she hadn't noticed, "I saw you and I wanted to talk to you," Chris shrugged, putting his bag down and laying his arms on the table.

"That's it? You saw me and you just had to chat?" She asked, smirking softly.

"Yup," Chris smiled. Y/n hummed, looking down at the table, pulling her lip between her teeth as she blushed.

"I see we have company now?" Tina walked up to the table with Y/n's plate and cup, setting it down in front of the girl. "Can I get you something to eat?" She asked, looking down at Chris. 

"I will take what she's having, please," he said, smiling politely at Tina.

"You got it," Tina nodded, turning back to the kitchen.

"Copy cat," Y/n mumbled.

"Really?" Chris laughed. "I can't win with you," he shook his head.

"Nope," Y/n smiled as she popped a forkful of hash downs into her mouth. Chris smirked as he threw his hand out and snatched one of her bacon strips, taking a bite out of it before she even realized what was going on. Her eyes went wide and she cried out through her hash browns.

"You monster!" She cried, throwing her spoon at him. Chris laughed as he caught it, eating the rest of the bacon strip. "I can't believe you just did that. I don't think we'll ever recover from this," Y/n shook her head.

"I'll give you all of my bacon, will that make it better?" Chris asked, nudging her foot with his beneath the table. Y/n thought for a moment before nodding.

"That'll be acceptable," she said, making Chris smile as he rolled his eyes.

Tina brought his food out only a few minutes later, sliding him his plate and sending Y/n a wink. Chris relinquished his bacon immediately, bowing sarcastically and earning a kick to the shin that made him laugh. Y/n gasped when he picked up the ketchup and poured some over his hash browns.

"Ketchup? First a bacon stealer, now a ketchup user? I don't even know who you are, Halliwell," Y/n cringed, holding her hand to her chest dramatically.

"Hey, I don't judge you for eating breakfast for dinner do I? No, I join you. And this is the treatment I get for being so accepting," Chris tsks, shaking his head. Y/n purses her lips in momentary thought.

"Fine, I will forget about the ketchup since your royal grumpiness has been so gracious," she bows sarcastically, earning her own kick to the shin.

"I am not grumpy," Chris mumbles as he breaks up his pancake.

"You're so very grumpy," Y/n smiled. Chris rolled his eyes.

"Just eat your breakfast," he said, fighting a smile. Y/n nudged his foot under the table, sharing a soft smile before looking down at her food.