She smirked, shrugging at me, "Insurance policy."

I applied pressure down to my wrist, hissing as the pain and throbbing increased. 

"Let's see...Ah, the descendancy. Well, there was a young sorceress named Amara. She possessed power like no one could ever believe. She was a powerful sorceress, or what you would call in today's time...A 'witch'. However, she wasn't as clever and careful as she thought, so when she was stabbed and caught, she swore with everything in her being that her misunderstood gifts would pass down to...misunderstood descendants, and change the world. So that, my dear, is why you now bear a sudden scar on your body, just like I did."

I looked down at myself briefly, knowing well what she was talking about. The scar was so sensitive it hurt to touch it.

"You're saying I'm a witch? I can't just suddenly be a witch. I was a vampire before this happened and I died as one."

"Amara's descendants have inner resurgence, thus why you came back to the land of the living after dying as a vampire."

Confusion caused me to furrow my brows as I registered the new information. Resurgence...That would mean I pulled myself out of some sort of limbo and went through what felt like hell to come back a witch.

"Why are you giving me answers? What's your motive?" I asked sleepily. She only rolled her eyes as she gave me an impatient look, "Don't test me just yet. I'm simply doing you a favor before I finish you off. Now shut up."

She took a breath and cleared her throat, "Now for the fun part. You know you're a witch and yada yada yada. Hhhmm," she pretended to ponder on her thoughts, "Now how do we apply this new information towards your unfortunate existence, and my life?"

She laughed a dry laugh, "I was a witch before turning towards vampirism. I never wanted this power to go away, and I may have mixed up the formula before I went for it. Hybrid vampire witches don't mix in the pot, so when I woke up three days later, I realized the balance of nature was restored by giving me the immortality I wanted – with irritating inconveniences such as the sun, the herb vervain, fire, and stakes.

But hey, it's been quite exciting on this side. I eventually became bored for a century or two until I discovered that my descendant, you, was about to come into the world. I'd been tracking down Amara's descendant line through my resources for a while, which all led me to you, the so called Amber Zar-El. You might want a box of tissues for this part, it gets a little intense."

Her smirk turned into an amused smile as I absorbed it all. She knows something about my life, something I have yet to know. She has to be wrong. She has to be.

"I wanted to be the only living descendant of Amara's line, so as soon as I found out about you, I went for the opportunity to make your life hell."

"No, you-" I pushed myself up, only to be slammed into the tombstone with my head. My vision went hazy and foggy.

"Everything you know as your life, your so called family, your heritage...It was me who orchestrated your existence to revolve around all of that. Clark Kent, Kara, your parents...They are not your biological family because Amara's descendants bear no biological parents. To put it this way, you and I are miracle children." She giggled darkly as tears began to form in my eyes.

"H-How?"

"Amara was considered a misfit of a witch. When she manifested her power to descend for a few lucky magical descendants after her, she also manifested witches with no biological parents, ergo, children born and created out of pure magic. As for the mystery of parental supervision, I blended in with ease. As far as I knew, my power drew two potential candidates towards me and compelled them to act as my adoptive parents. The same would have worked out for you had I not interfered."

"So you m-mean to tell me...That my entire life is a lie b-because of y-you?"

"Sad but true...That's not even the worst part. Everything about you is orchestrated by my handy work. Your uncanny identical resemblance to myself, your problems, your nightmares, your sworn enemies, and your vampirism...It was me the whole time. You're so embedded and intertwined with this fake, made up life that I created for you that you won't have an identity by the time you're safe and sound...or dead."

Chills stilled me where I was. Not only was my entire life a lie, but I don't have any sort of clue as to what I really look like, or what I really am.

I don't know who I am.

A sudden pulsating sensation trickled down my face, down my chest, and finally down to my arms. I looked down subtly to see that the blood no longer poured down my wrist. I was alert once again. This pulsation healed my fatal wound, and lit a fire inside of me that burned with rage.

Before she could blink, I had tackled her to the ground and took my ferocious, cold blooded fury out on the vampire that looked like me...Or so I thought.

"YOU RUINED ME! YOU TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY I HAD TO LIVE AND YOU SCREWED IT ALL UP WITH LIES! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I REALLY LOOK LIKE! WHAT KIND OF A MONSTER ARE YOU!!!??"

Fire...Fire...Fire.

Sudden heat embraced my entire body for a fraction of a second. It seemed to gush out of my hands before the cold returned to me. Embraced in a blazing light, I looked down as the screaming started. My eyes widened as I jumped back and stared at Serena, who finally broke away from her sarcastic, sassy facade.

I wasn't even aware that I possessed the ability of pyrokinesis...Until I set Serena on fire. I guess that's what Karma does. 

Jumping to my feet, I felt a change settle into my entire body. I still stood tall, but I was holding myself differently. I knew by now that whatever magic she was using from others to shield my true identity was gone. 

By now, all I can really say truthfully is that I've turned into a melting pot full of emotions I've been dying to avoid. 

I teleported away from Serena to find the team, with tears pooling in my eyes, and a heavy ache settling into my chest. 

A/N

So I hope this little detail about Serena and Amber didn't confuse any of you. If it did, you'll get some major clarity in the next chapter. Happy Reading! :)