Epilogue

(Amber's POV, Twenty-Five Years Later)

After our trip to Tokyo, it seemed that everything fell into place, for real this time.

My post-traumatic stress practically vanished after I killed Serena. My nightmares left without a goodbye. Everything that felt wrong in my life before withered away and turned into something better.

Cyborg ended up marrying Bumblebee, and they had two children. We've kept in touch and payed them a visit on a regular basis. Their family is great to be around.

Beast Boy and Raven got married, and had a child of their own. They bicker quite often, but after those miniature arguments, I could see why they've stayed together - Beast Boy and Raven share that one look with each other, and everything becomes paradise again.

Starfire and Aqualad married and had one child, growing fonder each and every day. I wasn't expecting such a pair, but the two share such a great love that brings life to everything.

As for me, well...Robin proposed to me not too long after we got home from Tokyo. It probably looks like we jumped the gun and rushed into things, but we were engaged for a while, long enough that our teammates, that our friends got married in the process. After all that time, I finally figured out why he put my daylight ring in a safe place - When he proposed to me, it was altered. The radiant blue stone remained, only this time, beautiful little diamonds surrounded it, making it even more stunning. That, I was not expecting.

After about three years, Robin and I were married, and I bore a daughter not long after.

"Mom!!!"

I looked up to see my world coming at me with a big smile on her face.

"Hi, Sweetheart," I grinned, pulling her into my embrace.

Violet Grayson was the most interesting twenty-one year old. Every time that I lay eyes on her, I surprised myself to no avail that I could raise someone like her. I didn't have parents, and the ones who claimed me couldn't do much since I ended up running away at seventeen. Looking at Violet, I smiled every time, because in the midst of disappointments and pain in my adolescence, I was still able to raise her differently.

Her bright blue eyes twinkled with a small hint of hazel, "Where's Dad?"

I marveled at her striking appearance - of course, mostly from her father. Violet's complexion mirrored mine, but she had her father's features - bright blue eyes, with a subtle hint of hazel from me. Jet black hair, like her father, that cascaded into long waves, like mine. She was beautiful.

"He's out on a mission. He should be back soon," I informed her, motioning for her to sit down. Violet moved out of our house a year ago to assert her independence as the new Sparrow.

I passed down my alter ego to my daughter when she turned seventeen. Rich and I were a bit nervous at first, but with the combination of our martial arts skills, and her inheritance of my powers as a witch, she's doing quite well for her age. I worried daily, but she proved my worries wrong each time she came by for a visit, with great stories to tell us.

"Did somebody ask for me?"

"Speak of the devil," I laughed as my husband entered the living room, embracing Violet. He kissed me on my forehead, sitting down to Violet's right.

"So, there's someone I'd like the two of you to meet," Violet started, blushing. I smirked at that look. I know that look too well. She may look more like her father, but I had a habit of blushing like that, to this very day.

"A guy? It's about time," I laughed.

Rich's eyes widened, "Wait, I thought guys had cooties, Violet."

"I'm twenty-one years old, Dad. Guys don't have cooties anymore." The doorbell to our house went off, signaling a presence. I felt lots of warm, happy energy radiating from the presence at the door. Warmth, love, strength, support...I think this one might be a good one.

He sighed, rubbing his palms together, "Alright, let's meet him."

Violet grinned, running over to the door.

Richard Grayson stunned me more and more every day. I looked at his chiseled face, and into his bright blue eyes with a smirk.

"Cooties, Rich? Really? Come on, now. Did you expect her to keep up with her life and not meet a guy?" I giggled, grabbing his hand and leaning into his chest. His chest vibrated as he chuckled, knowing I made a valid point.

"I look at her and still see my little girl, too young for boys," he smiled. I couldn't help but laugh.

You pick up anything on that guy? Rich asked telepathically. I nodded with a smile, getting closer to him.

He feels like a good influence. 

Twenty-five years later...Everything we've been through. We've turned out alright, don't you think? I could do this forever.

I can slow down the aging process if you'd like, I laughed.

I'll more than likely take you up on that.

We've turned out more than alright, Rich. The people we love and care about are safe and have amazing lives of their own. Twenty-five years later and we have more than just us - look at our family.

I love you, so much, Amber.

I love you, Rich.

He grabbed my face and kissed me passionately, bringing back the memories of us when we were teens. I can never get used to this.

"So, is this what being happy feels like?" My heart rate escalated as I remembered that same exact question back in Tokyo, twenty-five years ago.

"No," I sighed, content with his embrace, "It's more."