Arrival

It was about 3:00 in the morning when the bus arrived in Gravity Falls. Dipper had fallen asleep with the journal clutched against his side. The bus driver was about to wake him up, but was stopped by two old men waiting by the station.

"He's asleep in back," the bus driver explained. The Stans smiled.

"I'll go wake him up," Stan offered, yet Ford came anyway. The two smiled once again when they saw their boy asleep with the journal in hand.

"Kid, we're here," Stan said, gently shaking Dipper. Dipper rubbed his eyes and looked at Stan. Shock overcame his tiredness, "It's already morning?"

"Well, no-"

"Technically, yes," Ford interjected as he gathered up Dipper's luggage.

"Well, yes. It's three in the morning. However, as far as I'm concerned, once we get to the Mystery Shack, you're going back to sleep. It's way too early for your nerd stuff!" Stan persisted. Dipper nodded tiredly.

"That goes for you too, poindexter!"

Ford chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Alright, Stanley."

"I can take my luggage, Great Uncle Ford!" Dipper exclaimed. Ford froze, noticing he subconsciously was carrying all of Dipper's things.

He shrugged, "Don't worry about it, my boy. You're probably exhausted," he offered. Ford was correct. Between the intervention, being in complete denial about leaving Mabel, realizing he was going back to Gravity Falls, and the bus ride itself, it's been a long day.

"I guess I am a bit tired..." he yawned. Stan scooped Dipper up in his arms, causing Dipper to react.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get home!" Stan urged. Stan carried Dipper as Ford carried the boy's luggage. They noticed Dipper struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Dipper?" Dipper perked up at the sound of Ford's voice, "You can go back to sleep if you'd like."

"I can... can stay awake..." the boy claimed. However, the situation wasn't helping his case. Stan's shoulder was surprisingly comfortable and the arms wrapped around his frame were nice.

"Dip, it's three in the morning. Go back to sleep!" Stan persisted. Dipper yawned again.

"Well...m'kay..." he mumbled out. Soon after, he was asleep on Stan's chest.

A/n: This was mostly just a transition chapter to move the story along; hence why it's so short! After these first few chapters, I'll be moving into the Ford and Dipper bonding one-shots, which I'm looking forward to writing!