24; a boring ball

"you look so good!"
beomgyu said as he approached soobin. since soobin is his partner for the ball, he arrived earlier than the other guests.

"thank you," the taller replied.
he then pulled beomgyu into a hug, smiling. today would be the perfect day to kiss beomgyu. he's scared, but he doesn't want to lose the bet him and yeonjun made.
"you look very good, too."

"right!" beomgyu said, feeling quite confident. soobin let out something that sounded like 'pfft' and chuckled. they finally pulled away from the hug and beomgyu slightly gasped. "do you want to meet my new guard?"

"uhh, sure."

"okay. he's not very talkative, but he's nice, i guess."

"are you gonna do it?"
yeonjun asked soobin, wiggling his eyebrows. beomgyu was currently getting his makeup and outfit fixed.

"i don't know!"

"what? you HAVE to do it today. it's the perfect opportunity!"

"i know.. but it's hard. what if he rejects it?"

"listen, if you don't kiss him soon, you'll lose the bet. so just do it, don't even think about it."

"that's easy for you to say!"

"i'm back!"
beomgyu said as he walked up to the other two boys again. "yeonjun-hyung, when's the ball starting?"

"in just a little bit- oh shoot, then i need to find my date!" yeonjun gasped and quickly ran to find his date, soobin and beomgyu just laughed.

"please welcome choi yeonjun and chou tzuyu,"
was heard when the two finally came through the big doors, with their arms linked as they were told. the two smiled at the guests and stood next to mr. and mrs. choi. "and lastly, please welcome choi beomgyu and choi soobin." the two of them also came out, but not with their arms linked. they also smiled and stood next to yeonjun and tzuyu. mr. and mrs. choi did their little speech, and then the ball finally started. music played, some people immediately started dancing, others were talking to each other and other people immediately went for the snacks.

"are we supposed to just dance the entire night?"
soobin asked, looking at beomgyu. the younger sighed and looked at him, as well.

"i guess so, but we can always sneak away somewhere."
soobin just chuckled nervously. so they'll have to kiss whenever they'll sneak out somewhere.
"but let's dance for now," beomgyu then said, grabbing soobin's arm and dragging him along to where they could dance. they aren't allowed to dance with the guests, sadly. usually, for the small balls that they'd hold for holidays or something they are allowed to dance and interact with the guests, but not at balls like this.

"have you done anything yet?" yeonjun asked soobin while they were standing by the snack table.

"no, obviously not! i can't do anything while everyone's around," the taller replied.

"oh right."
"well, whenever you're gonna do it, don't worry too much. he won't reject you, anyways."

"how do you-"

"soobin-hyung!" beomgyu happily said, clutching onto soobin's arm. the taller looked down.

"yes?"

"i found one of your friends, he wants to talk to you!"

"what- how did you do that?"

"i was gonna get food, but this man kept looking and pointing at me, so i went to talk to him."

"i thought you weren't allowed to-"

"shhhh!"

soobin laughed. "alright, where is he?"
beomgyu smiled and dragged soobin along somewhere. soon, they were in an empty room, but wooyoung was the only one there, along with san.

"soobin! you didn't tell me i wouldn't be able to see you!" wooyoung said as he approached the other two boys, dragging his boyfriend along with him.

"sorry, i didn't know that when you visited me."

"it's fine- oh right, sorry." wooyoung bowed and san did the same.

"you don't have to bow," beomgyu said with a giggle in his voice.

the four of them talked for a bit. beomgyu had many questions about living in the city and other stuff, since he isn't allowed to do much.

"well, we'll get going then. you should go back before you get caught," san said, which soobin nodded to as reply. they said their goodbyes. the couple got back to dance room, but the other two stayed there for a bit.

"do you wanna go somewhere else?"

sorry that i haven't uploaded a chapter in a while. this one's rlly bad as well, sorry. i still hope you somewhat enjoyed. i also uploaded the first episode of a jikook story on here, so check that out if you want. it's called "So What" so i'll see how that story goes :P