Draco shared the same common room as us seeing as we were all in Slytherin, but they were most likely meeting up somewhere more discreet and waiting till mostly everyone had gone to sleep before returning.

It's the Lily thing to do.

I sighed and let out a heavy breath, fiddling with my fingers in my lap. I bent down and grabbed a book from my bag, hopefully finding a way to pass the time so I could sleep soon.

Not all Slytherins liked to read books. There was a rare few who did; myself being one of them, but it was just peaceful every once in a while.

"Seat taken?" A heavy voice spoke from above me. I lifted my head to speak, but my face dropped when I realised who was standing above me.

The son of the infamous killer. Mattheo Riddle.

My face dropped, swallowing hard. "Nope. It's all yours," I choked out, dropping my head to read my book again.

I couldn't read the words on the page though knowing he was next to me. All the words jumbled together and I was just scanning random words and not taking anything in. I tried not to lift my eyes to look at him as much as he sat down beside me, his arm resting on the back frame of the sofa. He held a book in his hand and read it carefully.

Something about him was so fascinating for some reason, and my thoughts were all on him. So many questions I could ask, but nothing would ever be able to come out.

My eyes perked up to the side, noticing a strand of his hair hanging loosely across his forehead. The rest of his hair was lightly gelled back, but that one strand must've fallen out.

I examined the rest of his features now that we were so close.

His hair was darker than I saw before in the great hall and covered with voluminous curls. More cuts came into vision that were upon his nose and forehead from what could be from previous fights in his past life. I tried to avert from his face but they couldn't budge. I was took fascinated by the person he was, and how much he looked like his father.

"It's rude to stare, you know," he spoke, keeping his eyes on his book.

I snapped my eyes forward and tried to look as if I was always reading my book, even if the words were more jumbled than before.

"I wasn't staring," I mumbled back. My heart raced like I had run a marathon in the past five minutes. He slammed his book, making me jump slightly.

He shuffled his body, leaning forward and craning his neck towards me. I couldn't help my look up at him, worry filling my eyes. "I wouldn't lie. It's not good to lie about things," he groused slightly.

You could notice the stern look from a mile away, with a vein starting to pop out on his neck that his shirt didn't cover. I was staring at him like I had no clue what was going on, though I was taken back more than I was before. He was speaking to me out of everyone else, yet I made him angry by doing the simplest thing.

Mattheo scoffed, rolling his tongue across his inner cheek. He placed his book on the coffee table in front of us and stood up, keeping my eyes following his eyes to wherever he was going.

He walked towards the fireplace slowly. "I didn't take you as a girl who lied about things. You didn't seem like that type," he muttered as he watched the fire intently. My mouth was dry, unable to let any sentences that wanted to escape. All I could do was watch him.

My fingers gripped the edge of my book tightly, pressing it into my chest further and further without even realising it. He bent down towards the fire, closing his eyes for a second to feel the heat rise. "I also never took you as a girl to never respond to who's speaking to you," he cocked, opening his eyes again.