seven;

*Small talks about heavy drinking and neglect, as well as abuse*

ELORA HAYES

The empowerment Mattheo held over me as I watched him full swing Cedric drove me crazy for the remainder of the day. I knew it was nothing to do with what he was saying to me, but more of what he was bad-mouthing about Mattheo himself.

I didn't hate seeing Cedric in pain, lying on the floor with his nose dripping with his own blood. It filled me with a hint of joy knowing he truly deserved it.

There wasn't much for me to do for the day. My thoughts kept themselves occupied with the issues binding between Cedric cheating and whether or not Mattheo likes me. Everything was too much for me and Merlin knows how I could wrap myself around it all.

I managed to get through my few classes with an inch of acknowledgement of what was being said. Part of me wanted to run out crying, but I knew I shouldn't draw attention to myself.

There's plenty of time now to let my emotions spill.

Part of me did miss where Cedric's laugh filled me with happiness. His smile shone bright through the crowd and his hair was soft against my fingers. I shouldn't, but he was a huge part of my life and caring for him won't change for a while.

I dragged myself to the girl's bathroom on the ground floor once my last class had finished. My mind had trailed off somewhere, leaving me in a shaking mess.

Never once had I encountered a panic attack, but the feeling of having one was sparking and I needed to redeem myself.

I switched on one of the sinks, letting the cold water run for a couple of seconds before cupping it, and splashing my face. The feeling was refreshing against my skin, allowing me to come back to reality slightly.

"It feels good, doesn't it?"

My face slowly lifted, peering into the mirror above me and noticing her body leaning against the doorframe. She looked the same as she always did; beautiful.

"It's been proved that cold water refreshes your mind." Lily softly spoke. Her eyes didn't fall from mine, watching as the water droplets fell from my face and into the sink.

I let out a sigh as I grabbed a paper towel from the side, wiping my face dry. I knew well that she followed me in here, trying to earn the chance to talk to me without having a crowd around us as Cedric had done.

Seeing her so soon allowed something to rise inside me. I wasn't ready or prepared, so any words that left my mouth would come from a messy mind.

"I thought you would be in class." I began, throwing the paper towel away and turning to rest my lower back against the sink. My eyes burned into hers.

Lily shrugged, pulling her body off the door frame. "I was. Finished now for the day, and once I saw you come in here... I decided to follow." She spoke, taking a couple of steps towards me.

I frowned as I watched her get closer to me. "Some stalker you are then."

"Come on, Elora. We need to talk." She muttered, standing before me with her arms crossed against her chest. There was a hint of sadness behind her eyes, but she wasn't one to show too much of her true emotions.

WITCH ; Mattheo Riddle ( rewrite )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें