LVII. FIFTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

       "...." Makis eyes trailed down to my body, i shot her a quick thumbs up trying to reassure her.

      Kaito coughed, clutching his stomach he struggled to get up "K-Kokichi! Give Y/N the Antidote"

     "I-I'm sorry... but... I can't die just yet. As the mastermind of this killing game..."

    "Wait, no! There's only one vial of that antidote!"

     "You... don't need to worry about the two of them. Especially Kaito, he has no regrets, right...?" Kokichi looked over at Maki. "Because... he already went to space."

       "D-Dammit...!"

      "STOP IT!"

      The two of them cried as Kokichi raised the liquid up to his mouth, 'He's n-not actually drinking it..... I hope.' Kokichi wiped his chin and exhaled, "Ahhhh, how refreshing. This fixes one issue. I can rest easy now... because another Class Trial is gonna start."

        "A... Class Trial..."

       "You're the blackened now, Maki. You're going to be the culprit who killed poor Y/N."

       "S-Stop kidding around" Kaito cried, walking towards Kokichi. "Screw the Class Trial...! I-I won'... let y... hnng... let you do what y-you want anymore...!"

      "Dammit Y/N!Why did you take the bullet for Kokichi?! If you didn't get in the way...!" Maki shouted.

      'Why am i suddenly being yelled at? I still have 4 more lives!' I rolled my eyes before sighing. "I did it because I didn't want you to become blackened. Any of you..."

       "...H-Huh?"

      "Wowwww, that's sweet... stupid but sweet!" Kokichi grinned. " ...And because he did that, he just made the situation even worse. Y/N, because you saved me, you made Maki the blackened who killed you!"

       "...................."

      Maki shook with anger, her eyes wandered back and forth between the three of us. She was caught in an instant triangle. Kaito raised an arm as if he were trying to catch her attention.

    "H-Hey... Maki, no need 'ta worry. Okay? I'm not letting Y/N by the hands of this monster..."Were going to be the one to break this stupid killing game!" Kaito bent down to me again.

      "Wow, you're so confident even now. Such a threat..." Kokichi waved his hands. "You know, Y/n ...You really aren't boring at all."

      " ...Eh?" He asked.

      "Nishishi... I'm interested. What will you do before you die, Y/N? Kaito, why don't you give it a whirl, Y/N cant do anything! I won't intrude!"

       "What are you...?!"

       Kaito sighed, looking at the two of us before turning to Maki who hadn't moved from the bathroom window. "Maki, do me this favor?"

       "..."

     "Maki?"

      "Say it"

      "Run."

     "H-Huh?"

      "Run, run away from here. Go get Kirumi, someone."

     "B-But! I won't!"

     "Goddammit! Maki just go!" He shouted. Maki let out a scream in anger. Her feet crashed onto the ground. Both her and her cries softened as she got further and further away from us. Kaito mumbled under his breath.