46 | preparing to depart

Začať od začiatku

Kol sat in thought for a while. Talia left out the backdoor as did Matty. He wanted to talk to her. Kol settled down for a long wait.
---------------------------

Talia fled out into the backyard in search of her sister. Talia followed her scent into the garden. "Matty?" Talia called.

"Over here." Niklaus' voice came from behind a bush.

Talia walked around it to see Matty curled up on the ground. "Matty." Talia said softly. "I'm so sorry." Talia folded her legs and sat down next to her. "I got it from here Nik."

Niklaus stood up. He moved a few yards away but didn't go inside.

Talia huffed but turned to her sister. "What's going on Matt?"

Matty looked angrily at her. "What's going on is that you are spending so much time with Kol that you aren't spending any time with me. I know that makes me sound like a brat. I missed you Talia. It has been a whirlwind since I got here. I land here and find out that you have a new family. I make some pledge to you and I transform into a wolf. I didn't even get the explanation from you. I got it from Nik. I wake up and find him there instead of you. I fell asleep and I wake up to find you still gone. You were out in the woods with Kol. I fall asleep again and I wake up and you still aren't there." Matty clenched her jaw so the tears wouldn't come. "I just want my sister back. I want our life back. One where you wake me up in the morning and I pretend to be asleep just to see what you would do. One where you actually are around me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you found love. I'm just a little jealous."

Talia tugged her sister into her body. Talia kissed the top of Matty's head. "I'm sorry Matty. How about this? After we save the witches, you pick any place in the world you want to go. We ditch the men and spend a week in the city or country. It'll be just you and me. No one else. Not Jordan. Not Rebekah. Not Kol. Not any of the boys. Just you and me."

Matty smiled at her. "Can we go to Australia? I want to see all of the animals there."

Talia kissed the top of Matty's head. "Sure. Australia it is. We will hijack their private plane, fly to Australia and spend the week there. We'll visit Sydney. The opera house is a must. Maybe take a tour of the Outback. Go to a zoo. Play on the beach."

Matty snuggled closer to Talia. "Sounds wonderful."

The two sisters sat with their arms around each other as they planned their trip.

After an hour Niklaus spoke to them. "Talia?"

"Hmm?" Talia looked up at him.

"Kol is getting a little anxious. You might want to go talk to him." Niklaus suggested.

Talia looked at Matty. "But?"

"Oh, go on. Make your boyfriend feel better." Matty shooed her off. "I want to stay out here a bit longer. Maybe explore the forest before we go. I have always wanted to see Virgina."

Talia gave her a stern look. "Don't go off the property. Nik? Can you go with her?"

Niklaus nodded. "If Matilda would like that."

Matty wrinkled her nose. "Please call me Matty. I hate the name Matilda. Why my mother named me that in the first place I will never know."

Niklaus extended a hand to Matty. Matty took it and stood up.

Talia heard Kol huffing impatiently. Talia sighed. She stood up as well. Talia pulled Matty into a hug. "Australia after the witches?"

Matty nodded. "After the witches."

Talia let Matty go and watched her walk with Nik into the woods. Talia wiped a tear from her face.

Kol coming up beside her startled her. "Hey. How are you feeling now that you have spoken to Matty?"