I'm With You (LMIBTLY cont.)

Start from the beginning

"I... I'm sorry. I wish I could. But... I don't remember a single thing." I looked down at my bruised-covered hands.

"It's okay, Y/N. Don't force yourself to remember everything, right away." She pat my head and the door swung open, revealing the two people from earlier with a doctor and a nurse behind them.

"Hello, Y/N. My name is Doctor Benedict Strange." The doctor smiled warmly at me which I only responded with a nod.

"I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you guys to leave the room for a bit." The nurse ushered everyone out. The girl from my dream was hesitant so I called out to the nurse.

"Uhm nurse... I know this might be a bit off to ask but can she stay?" The nurse and doctor Benedict exchanged glances. Doctor Strange gave the nurse a nod and she nodded back.

"Do you remember her, Y/N?" The doctor asked. I shook my head. "Any of them?" Once again, I shook my head. "But they all looked familiar to me."

"Alright. Now just relax, okay? Nurse Smith here will do a few check up on you. And your mom is on the way here as we speak." I nodded.

"Ms. Steinfeld..." The doctor called out to the girl and they moved into a corner of the room, talking about something. My eyes were locked onto the girl.

"You're a lucky person, y'know." Nurse Smith called out my attention.

"Huh?" I turned to her.

"She never left your side ever since you were brought in here. She's here 24/7 along with those people waiting outside. They're all worried but she's the most worried of them all. She would always hold your hand, singing songs to you, hoping that you could hear them." She smiled.

"Really?" I asked and she responded with a nod. "But most of the time, she's the one who's here."

I only shot a glance towards her. Looking at her made me feel warm inside... And also hurt at the same time. *sigh*

The doctor left after a few minutes and just in time for nurse Smith to finish doing some check up on me.

"Well, Y/N... Your body is recovering a bit faster now that you're awake rather than you were still comatosed. But still, rest properly, you hear?" Nurse Smith said in an authorized tone, making me chuckle.

"I hear ya, Nurse Smith. Thank you." She smiled at me and to the girl before leaving after Doctor Ben.

"Well... Uhm... Doctor Strange said that your amnesia was caused by the blunt trauma on your head, partially damaged the memory storage side of your brain. He said it will probably last a couple of days. 2 weeks tops." She explained continuously.

( I actually don't know how those things work or even correlate. 😂 So, forgive me. 😂 )

"I uhm... Never got to thank you. Nurse Smith told me you guys have been here ever since I was brought in. But most of the time, it's you who's here, watching over me and waiting for me to wake up." I said.

She responded with a smile saying "Yeah. My name's Hailee. And those people outside were Camilla, Shawn, Gigi, Selena, Taylor amd Hailey."

"Wait... There's two of you? I mean Hailees." I asked confused in which she responded with a light laugh. "Well, yeah but hers ends with letter Y while mine ends up with double E." I nodded, letting her know that I got her point.

"But..." I looked down. "...what if my memories never returned? What if I stay like this forever?"

She gently placed her hand on mine. "I'm with you, no matter what Y/N. I will help you... WE will help you remember everything one at a time."