Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah," I laid down, closing my eyes as I felt him reach over and grab my far side to slide me closer to him.

I peeked one eye open. "What do you think you're doing?"

"You were too far," He explained, laying there with a content expression on his face now.

"Any closer, and I will be on top of you."

His head whipped towards me with a goofy smirk. "I wouldn't mind that at all."

A quiet giggle escaped my lips. "I think our parents would say otherwise."

"Eh, you're probably right," The sides of our bodies pressed close together when Phoenix slipped his hand in mine. "So, looks like I won the bet."

"I call interference."

He softly laughed. "No, there were no rules about how you let go, just that it was whoever first let go that would lose."

My brows knitted together, keeping my eyes shut. "How was I suppose to know a fish would want to hitchhike onto my board?"

"You just have to be prepared for everything," I lifted my head to glare at him as he laid there grinning. "You are going to burn a hole into my face."

A huff comes out of me when I lay back. "Good...butthead," I mumbled.

"Aw, I love your nicknames for me."

I cracked a small smile. "So...what are you going to be asking for since you unfairly won?" My head turned to him.

"A win is a win, baby, and you will see later on."

"Like later on as in today or a week from now?" I asked anxiously.

His eyes glanced down to my lips before meeting my gaze. "Hm, like tonight."

"Tonight?" A brow perked up.

"Tonight," He closed his eyes, taking in the warm sun.

I rolled over on my side, facing him in curiosity. "You aren't going to make me do something stupid, are you? Like nothing embarrassing?"

He let out a sigh and rolled over on his side to face me as well. "No, it won't be stupid or embarrassing, but...it will only be between us," Nix smirked.

"All of a sudden, I'm ready for it to be tonight," I joked.

Phoenix slid his hands through my hair comfortingly before kissing me hard. I wanted him to get carried away. To touch me on all the places I craved him most, but we came back to reality where our families sat behind us, mere feet away.

He held his head up by the palm of his hand, staring sweetly at me while my cheeks warmed up. "What's with that look?" I wondered.

"Nothing...just thinking how much I love you."

My face lit up as soon as the words left his mouth. "I love you too, baby," I softly smiled, feeling like I could never get tired of hearing him say that.

                                 ∞∞∞

When we got back to the docks, my dad went over to return the boat keys, and the rest of the guys went to return the tube and wakeboard rentals. By the time we got our things unloaded off the boats, everyone was back to help carry it all up to the cars.

Our parents got a head start while we took our sweet time admiring all the boats at the dock and friendly people passing by.

"Wolf, Zeller?" A familiar voice hit our ears as we turned around to see a guy almost every single person in town knew or at least knew of.