Chapter Four

Before he had even began to unpack, Carrie knocked on Will's door. He sighed before opening it, seeing her with a suitcase in hand.
"there's been a problem." she said, her eyes gazing up at his.
"right?" he responded, letting her walk in.
"we didn't book enough hotel rooms."
Will suddenly knew where this was going, and wasn't entirely sure if he was comfortable with it.
"surely me and Terry should be sharing then..." he suggested,
"well Terry specifically asked me to share with you." she told him, noticing the singular double bed.
Will sighed. He wasn't going to fail this time. He wasn't going to give in.
"are you okay?" she asked him, out of the blue.
He turned around to see her sitting on the bed, her blonde wavy hair fell messily onto her shoulders, her tired eyes gazed up at him. But she seemed worried.
"I'm fine.. I'm fine.." they made eye contact, "nope.. No I'm not."
She smiled and bid him sit down beside her, patting his shoulder.
"what's going on in your head?" she asked him, lying down on her back beside him.
"I dunno... I just feel like a naieve fucking twelve year old. I don't know if Mollie's playing me.. Or if I'm playing Mollie."
"bit of both I presume." commented Carrie, unable to take this idiot seriously.
"I am a fucking dickhead..." sighed Will, covering his face with his agitated hands.
"not wrong there."
"fuck off, Carrie."
"-sorry."
"no I'm sorry... What would you do if you were me?" he asked her, looking over.
"what would I do if I were you? Well.. I'd tell Mollie that I also cheated and that, although I'll always support and care for the baby, I think it would benefit everyone if we separated."
"-Until we inevitably bounce back to eachother a week later.." moaned Will, flopping his hands above his head while lying down on the bed beside Carrie.
"Can you seriously not see this!? If she loved you, she would not have fucked another man in your bed. "
"I know... I know..."
"you are being played, Will. I'm sorry, I know you love her-"
Will cut her off by kissing her. Her eyes lit up as she pulled away in shock.
"please.. Don't kiss me if you're gonna stay with her." mumbled Carrie, her face flushed as Will lay over her.
"why?" questioned Will, "its just a harmless kiss."
Harmless to you.. Thought Carrie, wanting to cry while he kissed her. Knowing that, even if he did break up with Mollie, Carrie would be nothing more than a girl he had casual sex with once or twice.
He began to kiss her neck, and Carrie could sense him becoming tense.
"okay, stop." she muttered, and he did. Looking up at her while she stood up.
"are you.. Are you okay?" he asked her.
She shook her head, retrieving her suitcase.
"wait, where are you going?" asked Will.
"I'm booking another fucking hotel room." she shouted, glaring at him. He still looked confused. "you have absolutely no idea what it's like for me. You just can't think outside of your own tiny fucking box brain. You're a terrible husband, you're a terrible friend, and if you carry on like this you'll be a terrible father too."
Will sat on the end of the bed transfixed.
"you don't even attempt to think of anyone other than yourself. You have the empathy of a literal teaspoon. Yes your life is shit, yes your wife was a bitch to fuck other guys without telling you, but I think you'll find you did exactly the same thing."
"why... Why are you so bothered by all this, its not really your business, Carrie?" questioned Will with a concerned countenance.
"because I like you.. I really, fucking hate myself for it, but I like you. I like you a lot. And I know it's not reciprocated, and I know it won't go anywhere, but you're just not a very nice person anymore, Will."

As soon as she walked out, Will sat in silence, debating whether to go after her. Promise her that he'd leave Mollie... And be with her? But he'd never really thought of her in that way..

He was brought away from his thoughts when his door knocked.
He opened it to see Charlotte and Jade at the threshold.
"hello, what's up?" he questioned, surprisingly quite thankful to have his teacher brain back.
"we have an issue.."
Will tilted his head in dread and followed them into their room.
"how the.. Hell did that happen!?" he exclaimed, looking at the hole in the wall.
"we were just.. Messing about."
"you don't accidently kick the wall when you're messing about! Come on girls how old are you!?"
He shook his head as he sat on one of their beds and glared at the damage.
"okay, there's nothing a little polyfilla and paint can't fix. This is coming out of your pockets." he instructed them, standing up, "get your shoes and coats and we'll go down to the shop now while everyone's busy."

"if I'm perfectly honest I would've thought you'd be more angry at us." said Charlotte as the three of them walked down the frozen street.
"don't get me wrong I am very pissed off at you. I'm just tired." sighed Will, finding a shop he thought might have hardware in it.
"well thanks for helping us. You seriously could have just told the hotel staff and made us pay a few hundred quid each." said Jade, subtly slipping her hand into Charlotte's.
Okay, well the messing about thing makes a bit more sense now..

He sat in the room with them, scraping polyfilla into the hole with a cheap scalpel while the girls basically had to paint the entire wall to colour match.
"don't tell the other teachers about this." laughed the thirty-two year old physics teacher, finding this all quite therapeutic.
Just as he said that, their door knocked.
"shit!" gasped Jade with wide eyes, "bathroom bathroom bathroom!"
Will ran into their bathroom with the bucket of paint and polyfilla while Charlotte sprayed almost half a bottle of perfume in the room before opening the door.
"Hey miss!" said Charlotte, flushed.
"Heya, how're you two doing? Smells weird in here." Said Carrie, looking concerned at them.
"yeah, smelt like this when we came in. Although Jade was doing her nails."
"that's probably it- have you seen Mr Winters anywhere?" asked Miss Grey, seeming distracted.
"n-no? Why?" responded Jade, quite nervously.
"oh nothing, don't worry about it. Dinner in half an hour downstairs, alright?"
"yep, great thanks Miss!"

As soon as the door closed Will exited the bathroom, immediately returning to painting.
"Okay what's really going on between you two?" questioned Charlotte, rolling some white paint along the wall.
"nothing." he replied, sternly.
Charlotte and Jade's eyes widened as they made eye contact behind his back.