"Now, place your hand over where you injected him." Rebekah instructed.

Talia looked at her weird.

"Just do it." Rebekah said.

Talia warily placed her hand on Kol's arm.

"No. In the air about an inch above it." Rebekah lifted Talia's hand up. "There. Now repeat after me. Spiritibus, adiuva me. Exhaurire venenum ab hoc vulnus. Spiritibus, adiuva me. Corpus abluere. Repeat that until all of the vervain is out of his body."

Talia cautiously repeated Rebekah's words. A wind picked up and Talia's eyes glowed. At first nothing happened but after a while Kol started moaning. Talia looked uncertainly at Rebekah. Rebekah gave a reassuring nod. Talia concentrated on Kol. In thirty seconds he started screaming. Talia yelled the words Rebekah gave her as her nose started to bleed. The injection site opened up and clear liquid came gushing out. Two minutes later Kol's eyes snapped open and Talia's closed. Talia heard Kol's gasp for breath as she blacked out.
---------------------------

Warmth. That was the first thing Talia noticed. The second thing was smell. The thing Talia was laying on smelled really good. Something earthy and just amazing. Slowly Talia's other senses floated back to her.

Touch. Talia felt a hand resting on her head. Her head was resting in a lap.

Taste. A coppery taste was in her mouth.

Sight. Talia opened her eyes to see the underside of Kol's jaw.

Sound. Loud angry voices broke through the last barrier.

"Are you crazy?! That was a huge spell. She could have seriously hurt herself." One of Kol's hands was angrily gesturing. The other was placed soothingly in her hair.

"Oh, come on. She's immortal. She will be fine. Besides, we needed you awake for a game we want to play." Rebekah's voice shattered Talia's ear drums.

Talia winced but stayed still. She didn't want them to know she woke up.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! A stupid game could cost my mate her life." Kol's enraged voice yelled.

Rebekah must have made some movement because Kol said in a deadly quiet voice. "We have no proof if she is immortal. Don't do it again, sister, or my destroying your things is the least of your concerns. My mate comes before you."

Whoa! Talia thought. Time to interrupt. Talia theatrically moved her head to the side and groaned.

Rebekah and Kol went silent. "Darling?" Kol combed his hand through Talia's hair.

Talia quickly sat up, forcing his hand to fall away. "Bekah? What happened?"

"You passed out. The spell was a bit too advanced for you right now. Sorry." Rebekah said, her eyes were suspiciously red.

Talia frowned. "It's okay. How long was I out?"

"About two hours, Darling." Kol butted in.

Talia glanced at Kol and quickly focused on Rebekah. "Is dinner ready yet? I am starving. And we still have that game to play. I have never had any type of drink like that before. You are going to have to make mine for me." Talia chattered hoping to keep Kol's attention occupied.

Kol wasn't so easily distracted though. "Darling? Darling?" Kol's voice was a little louder on the last one. Talia kept talking to Rebekah. "Talia." Kol said loudly.

Talia ignored him and got off the bed. "Come on Bekah, let's go get those papers in a bowl or hat. We have to find the best one. Maybe the most silliest one. Can you imagine Elijah's face when he sees it?"

"You can't ignore me forever Talia. We will talk eventually." Kol said as calmly as he could manage right then. His mate was ignoring him. The vampire inside him snarled at that.

Talia just hesitated a fraction of a second and resumed hooking her arm through an amused Rebekah's arm and pulling her out of the room.

When Talia successfully pulled the blonde from the room, Kol let his vampire features come out. He snarled angrily. What was with her? She was infuriating. Kol threw the closest thing in reach at the wall. Kol watched as a pillow soared through the air and smashed into a pile of feathers on his floor. Kol put his head in his hands. Just his luck. What ever did he do in life to deserve this? A girl who doesn't want him. Not just a girl. His mate. A single tear slipped down his face. Kol hastily wiped it away. He would try one last time. When she gets back from this trip that will be it. If she still doesn't want him, he will leave. Kol snorted with irony. He was one of the most feared creatures in the world. He was over a thousand years old and we was brought to this, crying over a girl. A girl only twenty years of age. A mere baby compared to him.

Kol was brought out of his thoughts by a knock on his door.

Niklaus poked his head in the room. "Hey, Kol, dinner is ready?" Niklaus noticed the feathers in the corner of his room. "Are you okay, Brother?"

Kol pasted a smirk on his face. "I am good, Nik. What is for dinner?"

Niklaus hesitated for a moment before saying, "I made homemade pasta. The girls have something planned for dessert."

Kol smiled grimly. "Oh, I know just what they have planned. You go ahead. I will be down in a second." Kol waved off Nik's worry and got up from the bed. "I just have to clean this mess up."

Niklaus got an understanding look on his face. "She will come around, Kol. You just have to be patient. They do say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'. Just give her a little time."

Kol growled at him and showed his vampire fangs at him. "Get out of here! I said I will be down in a minute!" Kol grabbed a random item from his dresser and chucked it at Nik.

Niklaus ducked out of the room quickly.

Kol stared at the thing he had thrown. It was a small box containing something very precious to him. Kol gently picked it up and set it back down on his desk. Kol pasted on a fake smirk and went downstairs to face his family and the girl he cared about.