Chapter 33

"Whoa, this is weird" Ethan comments as he looks at the gross slime we found in the computer lab under a microscope. Benny and I were looking on the computer, trying to find if anyone's seen anything like we saw at the computer lab, all of us sitting at Ethan's desk. "Chlorophyll polymer ectoplasm? It's like a combination of paranormal weed and Ethernet cable." Ethan explains.

"There's plant matter in the cables?" Benny asks skeptically. "No, they're combined. Half alive, half plastic. Like Heidi Montag." Ethan explains. "Ooh! Nice burn." Benny and I laugh, both of us high-fiving Ethan. "Nobody's reported anything like this online." "I wonder." "Me too. Mostly about what it would be like to have eyes on my feet. Then I'd always see where I'm going." "Benny, can you ever take anything seriously?" I scoff.

"I take things seriously!" "I guess" I shake my head at Ethan when he isn't looking. "Though, if you did have eyes on your feet, you'd get a black eye every time you kicked something." Ethan points out. "Nah, just wear special see-through shoes." Benny argues. "Are those even a thing?" "Maybe" Sarah's computer chimes up from where it was sat, the scan we were doing on it to test for viruses completed.

"Oh, weird. Sarah's laptop is virus-free. Maybe it's a hardware problem." Ethan moves to touch it when the computer makes a noise, everything turning green before shutting off entirely. We all scrunch up our nose at the smell that comes from it. "Smells moldy. Like my grandma's sock drawer." "I have so many questions" I mutter. "Let's open this thing up." Ethan sighs.

Benny shuts it, unscrewing the back of the computer and takes it off. Immediately, we notice the same goo from the computer lab as some of the goo stretches with the computer back, the goo covering inside the whole laptop. "Dude, gross. Why does it look like Ghostbusters slime?" "Circuit salad! Ugh!" Benny says in disgust. He flips over the lid over so the slime doesn't get anywhere and hand it off to Ethan.

"Here, probably the same as Rory's Zypod and the cables in the computer lab. Computers, cables, Zypods...I think I have a theory." Benny says. "Really?" "My theory is that you should be able to figure this out." Benny says, looking at Ethan. "Yeah, come on Tech-Wiz. What's your theory on this?" I chime in. "I was thinking there's actually something strange growing in the school's computer network."

"Hmm, that's it! I knew I was onto something." Benny nods. "We gotta get back to the school and stop this thing." "First the extra homework and now we actually have to go back to the school? At night? There is something seriously messed up here!" I complain. Ethan just rolls his eyes. "I've got another theory. It's gonna be scary" Benny adds. "And stupid" I grumble, grabbing my jacket.

~~~

We all walk into the school, heading towards the computers labs, our speed slowing gradually as we see the hallway now glowing green, seemingly blinking, the main source coming from the computer lab. "My theory was right. Do you remember this hallway being so...ominous and terrifying this afternoon?" Benny asks us. "I remember your face was but not the hallway" Benny shoves me as I chuckle.

"It's not so bad. It's just a deserted hallway with creepy flashing lights and an overriding sense of doom." Ethan says. We continue to slowly walk. "Yeah, it's terrifying!" He grips onto our arms, pulling Benny and I closer but we both shove him away. "Let's just get in there and get this over with." Benny walks in and we follow him, noticing all the computer screens emitting a green glow while vines and weeds hung from the walls and cieling.

At one of the computers, a girl sat, her head layed on the table, her body motionless and her eyes wide open, vines sprouting around her face. "Please tell me that's not a dead body" I beg. "I think we're too late." Benny walks closer to look her over. "Man! This stuff spreads fast." Benny comments and Ethan and I walk over as well.