Chapter 5

"Be patient. hm? In a few short days, we will have our revenge. And more" The vampires start clapping as we slowly crawl up the stairs, out of sight while Jesse gives a speech. "We will have this whole town!" Rory goes to climb fully up the stairs but Benny quickly pulls him down so they can't see us spying on them. "But the prophecy can't be fulfilled until we meet our target. Two hundred and nineteen, soul for soul" He seemed to be reading out of a book.

"Lame. Where's the band?" Rory complains. "Shh!" We all quickly shush him. "But I just-" "Shh!" We shush him again. Jesse closes the book with a smirk. "It'll be an incredible night. Like something out of a movie" Jesse adds. "Movie, schmovie. The Rorster needs food." Benny quickly covers his mouth so he would shut up. "Fine. Enough talk. We're all hungry, the moon is full...let's eat" Jesse announces.

"We have to leave...fast" Ethan tells us. "What do you think I've been trying to tell you" I whisper harshly as we rush down the stairs. We quickly walk towards the door as Rory wanders behind us. Ethan tries to open it but it won't budge as a group stands near the door, watching us. "It's locked" Ethan sighs. "I knew we should have left when we had the chance" I hit Ethan in the shoulder in anger.

We walk past the group, looking for another way out. We suddenly get stopped by one of the drama club seniors. "Whoa. Whoa. Where are you girls going? You're just in time for dinner" He says, flashing his fangs at us. "Sweet! What's on the menu?" Rory smiles. Benny facepalms as I roll my eyes. "Us! Rory, the menu's us!" Ethan sighs in annoyance. "Ohhh" He looks over with wide eyes.

The whole group was surrounding us. Jesse suddenly waltzes in, his arm around Sarah as they stand next to the senior that stopped us. "Mmm! Ah! Don't they look delicious?" He smiles widely as Sarah looks at us worriedly. "You can't. Not them! I know these kids. I'm babysitting them." Sarah protests. I sigh in annoyance. "Well, I'm sorry, but...Wait. You still need a babysitter?" Jesse asks confused. "Oh, no, no. He, he needs a babysitter" Benny, Rory and I quickly point over at Ethan. People start laughing as Ethan gives us a look.

"No, I don't!" Ethan denies. "So, why exactly do you need a babysitter?" The senior, Gord, asks curiously. "No one here needs a babysitter, okay?" Ethan exclaims. "Just because he's a vampire, does he have to be such a dorkwad?" Benny scoffs. "Seriously" I agree. Gord looks at us before roaring and lunging at us. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop! Stop! Stop!" Jesse quickly stops him as we back away.

"initiations will follow tradition. Fledglings drinks first." Jesse looks specifically at Sarah. One of the vampires comes up and pushes Rory closer to Sarah. Benny, Ethan and I watch with wide eyes, looking over at Sarah. "Hear his heart pumping? It's the beat of a whole new world waiting for you. One where you'll never die, never grow old...one bite, and it's yours" Jesse tries to convince Sarah. Sarah slowly walks forward as I notice Erica licking her lips.

Sarah goes to grab him but Ethan lunges forward. "Sarah, don't!" He protests, grabbing her arm. Ethan gasps, staring off into space as Benny and I give each other a look. "Ok, I will do it!" Erica shoves Sarah out of the way and Ethan gasps again, looking around confused. Rory smiles as Erica stands in front of him excitedly. "Erica, no!" Sarah shouts as Gord holds her. "Hey, girls, there's no need to fight over me." Sarah sinks her teeth in to Rory's neck as Ethan, Benny and I gasp in horror.

She drinks from him and he falls to the ground as Erica laughs in excitement, falling to the ground as well. Sarah shoves Gord away from her before grabbing a nearby chair and breaking the back to reveal two pieces of sharp wooden looking stakes. The crowd starts backing away in fear. "Back off! I mean it!" She tells them, walking towards us.

"Sarah. Seriously, where can you go?" Jesse asks as we start backing away towards the exit. ¨Guys!¨ Ethan calls out, running towards the punch bowl. We quickly grab it, throwing it to the ground before running off. Ethan throws the lamp down into the liquid, electrifying it as we run off. ¨We're dead! We're so dead!¨ Benny screeches in fear as we run towards the front gates. ¨No, it's okay! We've just got to find Sarah!¨ Ethan tries to asure him.