Suddenly, when trying to come up with an excuse or something else he could have been thinking about, he felt Jack's hand on his. It was big. He liked it.

· · · · ·

Liam woke up the next morning. He wasn't in his bedroom. Where was he? He head was pounding unbelievably loud.

He sat up in the bed he was in and looked around. No one was there. It was a pretty empty bedroom, just a bed, a nightstand, and a weird old floor lamp in the corner. Where the fuck was he?!

He tried remembering last night but it was a complete blur. It seemed to happen so fast. He just remembered the big guy coming up to him -- Jack. And mojitos. He remembered flirting with him. Jack seemed wasted before he even introduced himself.

He barely remembered coming here and having sex with Jack, but he did remember it briefly. He had consented and willingly come here -- it had been fun in the moment...

But now he regretted it. He'd never had a one-night stand before, and a feeling of shame washed over him.

He held his head in his hand for a second. He hadn't gotten that drunk in a long time... Did he really have that many? I mean, the bartender usually cut him off before something like this happened. He'd never gotten that drunk at a bar before.

"...Jack?!" he yelled out. No one said anything.

Liam's heart started pounding really fast. His head still hurt and he was starting to feel sick. Where was he?! 

Liam was panicking now.

He got out of bed and put on his clothes, wincing when he put his pants on. He was so stupid. How did he let himself do this?! Was this the kind of guy he was now?

He ran out of the mystery bedroom into the rest of the small apartment, which was just as bare. No one was there. He looked around for a second before running back into the bedroom, throwing the bedsheets around. 

Where was his phone?! And his wallet?! He couldn't find them.

He ran into the living room again, turning over objects and opening drawers, but he couldn't find them. He'd looked everywhere.

Panicked was an understatement. Liam was about to have a full-on meltdown.

He rushed out of the apartment and ran down the steps out of the front of the building before he realized he was in a hotel...and not an apartment.

It was dead quiet outside, not a single car on the road, and it was freezing cold. 

He stood there at the curb by himself with his arms crossed and heart racing, trying to get his brain to piece together what he needed to do next.

He didn't know where he was. He looked around and had no clue where he was. 

He couldn't believe his very first one-night-stand had just decided to take his stuff.

He put his hand over his eyes and just started crying for a few minutes before he could get himself together and start walking down the sidewalk. 

He had to find a phone. Or a cab, but the streets were dead. 

He couldn't stay there. He had to get out of there.

It was probably closer to three in the morning when Liam got to a small 24 hour diner on the side of the road that only had one customer inside drinking coffee. 

The short, wide-set waitress greeted him, called him 'hun' which brought more tears to his eyes for some reason. She pointed over to the hidden payphone on the side of the counter by the restrooms when he asked for a phone.