" Are you serious right now?, he's not your father-in-law" I answer and watch him stiffen. " do you have another father or something?" He answers and I instantly giggle, making his lips form a cute smile as well.

" Give me your hand" I hear him say and look at him closely. " Why?"

" Just place your hand here" he says, nudging for me to place my small handvinto his wide palm.

I quietly obey and watch him take his phone out from his pocket, after tightening his gentle hold on my hand, making shivers run up my spine." What are you doing?" I ask.

" Capturing the moment" He answers and uses his other hand to bring something out of his pocket again, a small rectangular white box with a black bow around it. " Here hold my phone and make sure you continue recording this, don't stop it" He says and passes his phone over to me. I take hold of it with my free right hand and watch him open the box to reveal a customized gold chain bracelet with my name on it.

" I've waited so long for this day, and now that I have the chance to make you mine, I'm not going to waste time playing around. Tracking you down when I came back wasn't exactly easy, but Hafeez helped me and here we are" Hafeez is his brother, my previous client. " No lady has made my heart flutter and my feelings go all over the place like you have. I came back here with the intention of getting married to you and settling down but I know that's not what you'll want now so Zakiyah Buhari Ali, I want to be by your side till the day you're ready for us to build a family together. I know you're having second thoughts of being mine now, because you don't know who I really am and trust me, you'll be mad over me when you realise how good of a person I am"

" How sure are you that you're a good person?" I just had to interrupt his heartwarming speech. " I am, I know I am. I want to make you mine so we won't look elsewhere and we'll focus on building us from this day forward" Saleem is thoughtful honestly, he didn't only consider his situation but of course, mine as well and he's willing to wait.
Making Saleem mine is a decision I don't have to think twice about, I've low-key been craving to have someone that isn't my daddy pamper me with all the love and care in this world and now that I have a chance to acquire that person, I'm surely not going to let it go.

" So Zakiyah.." he says again, this time wearing the bracelet around my wrist for me. " will you give me the honour of starting this new journey with you?" He says and I nod slightly. " I'll be more straightforward, will you be mine?"

" Yes, I'll be yours" There's no one else I'll wish to spend the rest of my life with other than Saleem. From the little I know, he's an amazing person, I honestly can't wait to learn more about my man. My girls are going to freak!!.

Saleem smiles happily in front of me and I make sure to take a picture of the moment with my own phone. He's wearing a blue sweatshirt and white casual jeans and his smile,
His smile,
I'm so lucky.

" Can you air drop the video to me, I want to send it to my girls" I say while taking pictures of my new bracelet on my slender wrist. " Sure, I'll do that later but for now stop taking pictures and let's eat properly. This ice cream tastes really great"

" Sorry, I'm coming. Someone just sent me a message, possibly a client. Let me quickly respond" I answer immediately after sighting a notification from an unknown number. They sent a video. " Okay then"

The video size isn't large, 4.2 megabytes. I tap play and to my greatest surprise, a nice song starts to play in the background and the words, " I'm sorry " starts to display in the background.
I burst into laughter immediately, calling Saleem's rapt attention towards me. What kind of whack apology is this?!

" Hey why're you laughing without me?" Saleem asks with a pout and I hand him my phone to watch what his friend sent me. " I met your bestfriend at Sidi and Sons earlier and he apologised to me, said he wants to be friends for family and friends sake. He apologised and it felt sincere, but I didn't buy it. I told him to really prove to me that he was sorry and that is his attempt"