chapter 5

"She is a year-old soloist from BigHit entertainment," Dino explained. "She just recently had a comeback and it was on fire!"

Maki was dumbfounded, she didn't even react to what Dino said. The first thing that Maki thought was to not blow her cover and just chill, but for obvious reasons she literally froze on her spot, her facial expression definitely not helping as it was showing a look of panic.

The boys continued to watch her video, adding compliments and praises for her performance once in a while. "Mirah, do you know this artist?" Vernon asked, his eyes flickering towards Maki as he asked, taking his eyes off Dino's phone.

Maki scratched the back of her head, channeling her inner actress to act cool and answer the question, "Oh sorry, I'm not really updated with the industry nowadays." 

Vernon nodded and looked back at Dino's phone. "Woah she's so cool!" he exclaimed.

Maki continued to watch them, they were enjoying her music and she loved it. A smile was plastered on her face as she continued to observe their reactions.

"She has stable vocals even though her choreography was tricky!" Seungkwan praised, Dino and Vernon agreed with his statement as they look at each other nodding their heads.

"And her rapping skills are dope too!" Vernon added, "I need her to teach me once we get to debut and meet her personally." His statement made Maki slightly pout. 

You're probably a better rapper than I am, Vernon. I should take lessons from you, soon.

She pictured a scene where the boys of SEVENTEEN get to debut, and they'll see each other often during broadcasts backstage. Without fear of getting exposed that she was the famous idol "Maki" and not the newbie.

"Who's this artist again, Chan-ah?"

"Her name is "Maki", hyung. Stage name I guess," he replied to his hyung.

"She kind of looks like Mirah." Vernon noticed.

Maki turned her head to look at Vernon, she panicked as she never expected him to suddenly blurt that out.
"Woah, that's not me bro," she said, a bit too defensive for her own good.

"She just looks like you, noona. Chill." Dino laughed, making the only lass of the group chuckle nervously. "Ye-yeah," trying to match their humor.

They continued to watch until the video ended. Maki let out an inaudible sigh of relief as she felt a heavy weight lift off her shoulder.

"She's so pretty!" Dino exclaimed, "when we get to debut, I hope to meet Maki sunbaenim." He got a hold of his phone that Seungkwan was holding, apparently, and placed It inside his pocket.

Maki blushed at the compliment, someone finds her pretty? Well, she did read a few comments during her VLive broadcast, but she hasn't heard them with her own ears.

Deciding to speak up, she faced the trio with a smile, "You boys can do it, I know you'll get to debut soon!" Maki encouraged them, as she knows that these boys deserve to debut, they deserve to reach their dreams. "Fighting!" she exclaimed.

Their conversation was cut short as they heard the bell ring, notifying them that it was 4 pm and it was time to go to their designated departments.

"We'll meet you guys at 5," Vernon then faced Mirah, "Mirah, wanna hang out with us after school?" he asked, they were all standing up and ready to head out to their rooms. Mirah hesitated at first, pondering whether it was okay to hang out. Then she remembered that her schedule was clear for the whole week. "Sure, but I'll just tell.." she paused, thinking of what to call her manager.

"I'll just have to tell my uncle that I'll join you guys."

The three boys beamed at her, as Chan jumped and made a fist bump with the air, "See you later, noona!" he exclaimed before heading in the direction of the dance department, Vernon following suit, mumbling a little "see ya."

Seungkwan was happy that she will be able to hang out with them. She was fascinating although she didn't talk much and was always shy. Probably since it's her first day here.

"Let's go Mirah, the hyungs might be waiting already." Seungkwan then got Maki's bag and went ahead, leaving Maki surprised.

"Seungkwan!" She quickly got to her feet and jogged to the boy ahead of her. "I have arms you know, I can carry that myself!" She shouted since Seungkwan was way ahead of her now. Seungkwan just gestured for her to hurry up, to which she followed.

When they arrived at the room, Joshua, Jeonghan, Jihoon, and Dokyeom were waiting for them inside. "Oh Mirah-ssi, you're in this department too?" Joshua asked.
"Hyung, obviously. She won't be here if she isn't." seungkwan rolled his eyes.

"That's not how you treat your hyung, Kwannie." Joshua tsked, pinching Seungkwan's left cheek, to which the latter huffed in annoyance as he rubbed the now red part of his cheek. Maki then just giggled at how they bicker. She looked up to Joshua, who was a few centimeters taller than her. Making eye- contact as she gave him a wide smile.

"You can speak casually to me, Joshua oppa, it's fine," Maki said, and looked at all the boys before her. "All of you can, oppa-deuls."

"Okay, it's a sign of friendship, I guess." Jeonghan smiled, placing his hand on top of Maki's head and ruffling her hair.

Once their teacher arrived, they all got seated and did their routines.

They were tasked to do a group performance, and since they were all seated in a group of 6, they automatically became one group.

"Hey, I suggest we do Maki sunbaenim's song," Jeonghan suggested, "I heard a male version of it from youtube a while ago, and I think it would sound great with a few arrangements." He continued. Jeonghan looked at Jihoon, and the latter getting the message, gave a thumbs-up and nodded at his hyung before replying, "and how about Mirah harmonizes with the song?"

Jihoon looked at Mirah as the rest of the group did too. "What do you think, Mirah?" he asked.

Noticing the flustered look on the girl's face, Dokyeom lightly tapped her shoulder, "Do you know the song, Mirah?" He asked, "if not, we can change it." He gave her a smile, his eye smile also visible.

Maki was hesitant in answering. Of course, she knows the song, she wrote it and helped produced it, she sang that song a lot of times during the comeback shows. She smiled to herself with the thought.

"That song is great!" she replied, internally cringing at praising her own song.

"Perfect! Let's do this song then." Dokyeom clasped his hands, his sunshine smile still on his face. 

They all prepared for the class performance, excited about what they'll do together.