chapter 16

(A/N) Decided to publish all the chapters I have already edited since tomorrow is a special day for me and I kinda want to celebrate by updating a few chapters. Texts in bold are spoken in English. Happy reading!

~~~

It has been almost a week after the BigHit Company meeting where Bang- PD, Maki, and BTS have discussed their upcoming company showcase. Although the news is still not disclosed to the public, wanting for Maki to finish with her comeback and promotions first.

Maki was currently walking down the school hallways, it was a hectic Wednesday morning. Students were running about, greeting friends and the likes.

"Ouch! Watch where you're walking, bitch!"

Well, there goes my morning. Maki rolled her eyes when Yeonhee screamed profanities as they accidentally bumped into each other because of the rowdy crowd. Yeonhee was now giving Maki a death glare. Maki looked at the girl in front of her, noticing that she was holding her lipstick and a big red line from the corner of her lips to her cheek was very much visible. Maki snickered at the sight.

Yeonhee scoffed, "The hell are you laughing at? Look at what you did!" she screamed, although Maki was showing a stoic expression, she can't deny that her eardrums hurt from Yeonhee's squeal. "My make-up is now smudged!"

Serves you right. You ain't supposed to do your makeup while walking you brainless witch.

"Sorry, can I go now?" Without waiting for a reply, Maki pushed her way through Yeonhee and the rest of her minions. Then suddenly, she felt her body crashing down on the floor. She was pushed by one of the minions, who were now all smirking at her. They kicked Maki's bag that was blocking their way, and without a single word, they decided to leave Maki on the floor who was still processing what happened.

Letting out a sigh, Maki started to reach for her bag when a hand got it before her. She looked up and saw Jinhee who was slowly helping Maki get up from the floor. Jinhee looked at Maki worriedly, "are you okay, Mirah?" she asked, still holding Maki's bag and helping her brush off any dirt from her uniform. "I'm sorry I just arrived now, I didn't get to give those bitches a piece of me." Jinhee did a fist and showed a straight face, ready to pounce on Yeonhee. Maki giggled at the older girl's actions, "It's okay, eonnie. They didn't do much damage." she shrugged, hoping that Jinhee drops the situation.

"Wait, why are you in our building anyway?" Maki asked Jinhee as they continue to walk down the corridor. Jinhee who was still worried for the girl beside her, eyed her briefly with their hands linked. They both stopped at the teacher's office when Maki felt that Jinhee let her arm go. "I needed to do an errand," Jinhee explained, holding up a few pieces of paper and sighing. Maki nodded and smiled at Jinhee. Just as she was about to reply the school bell rang, and students then started to scram to their class. 

"I should go, eonnie." Jinhee nodded, "Okay, you shouldn't be late." Maki smiled and waved, "I'll see you guys at lunch."

"Yup, see you there!" Jinhee waved her hand at Maki and opened the office door, getting inside to finish the errand.

~~~

"Ms. Jeon Mirah!"

The teacher's voice rang throughout the room. Maki flinched in her seat, looking down at her hands that were placed on top of her desk.

Maki, who clearly knows it will be her fault if her teacher suddenly drops to the floor because of stress, is because she did not do her homework again and the teacher is surely pissed at her behavior. Although a part of her is thinking that it wasn't her fault for practicing for her comeback, going home at dawn, and only getting at least three hours of sleep. Okay, stop consoling yourself Jeon Makaira. This does not justify your negligence when it comes to school.