12

FIRST TASK

_____________

After talking with Olivia for almost two hours and rememorizing all my childhood traumas with her, as I always did, I went back to the Slytherin common room where I ignored Draco and any other person around.

I certainly wanted to talk to Snape after what Moody told me about him. I knew I didn't matter to him that much, but knowing he wasn't able to confront the mad man himself, hurt me deeply. Even if he did not like it, I was still his niece.

The next day, I forced myself to move out of bed. I was not planning at all to go to my DADA class, at least, not by now. I sat in the little garden outside of the classes, reading a book from one of my assignments.

"Hey, Lilith!" I heard someone walk up to me. Draco was in front of me with a huge smile and an ugly badge that switched between 'Potter Stinks' and 'Support Cedric Diggory - The Real Hogwarts Champion'. "Do you want one?" he said, showing it off, proudly.

"Seriously, mate?" I asked with sarcasm. "I couldn't care less about who wins the damn Tournament."

"Oh, c'mon, Lith! I thought you'd be on my team." Cedric interrupted with a smile on his face. Draco looked at him and simply, left, followed by Crabbe and Goyle.

"I'm being honest, mate. I mean, of course, I hope you win, but I'm not really into this Potter hate. Believe me, I have enough things to worry about at the moment."

"I don't have anything to do with those badges Malfoy is giving out. I don't really think Potter put his name in the goblet, not after what he told me earlier today..."

"What did he say?"

"He told me about the first task. He didn't have to but he did."

"What is it?"

He sighed before answering me, not completely sure if he should tell me or not.

"Dragons. One for each of us, I really hope I don't get the bloody Hungarian horntail."

I looked at him, surprised.

"And the fuck are you supposed to do with them? Train them?" I burst out.

Cedric laughed, "I really don't know. I suppose they will tell us before the day arrives."

✵ ✵ ✵

"I can't believe they haven't told us yet" Cedric complained.

He was incredibly nervous about the Tournament and couldn't even have a proper rest.

"C'mon Ced, I know you will do great!"

We were sitting together again in the garden since I decided to skip the DADA class again. It was the third time this week and, apparently, because of the Tournament, Cedric could also skip certain classes, so we ended up spending a little bit more time together.

"Diggory?"

Both, Ced and I, turned around at the same time just to find Fred Weasley looking at us, confused.

"Hey, Weasley, how are you?" Cedric asked, gently.

I kept my eyes on Fred, knowing well the expression on my face showed how annoyed I was because of his presence. He didn't look at me twice.

"You are friends with her?"

Ced looked at me, still smiling.