// 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡 (i'll take a mile)

alright, alright, fine

alright, alright, fine. you guys win. i promise that this chapter does not end on a cliffhanger. also, i hope you've been liking the constant updates for the last couple of weeks! i feel really good about writing more than one chapter in a month's time lol

★ ─── 悪役

Later that day, a short while after Lila decided to wreak havoc as the now infamous Volpina, [Y.Name] jumped on the bus near his home and headed out to his desired destination, taking action before the opportunity escaped him.

On his way, a notification buzzed his phone, nestled in his jacket pocket. The beginning of a distressed message appeared on the screen from the lovable blond that was stuck in the middle of the mess [Y.Name] was wrapped up in.

Adrien's text was both to the point and vague. 'Something bad has happened. Can you please come over? I need someone to talk to about it.'

The earlier, worried ramblings of Nino that [Y.Name] had no luck unscrambling over the phone suddenly made sense. Gabriel knows Adrien is the one who took his book, and now he's being punished for it.

[Y.Name] couldn't help but feel bad for him. It wasn't really Adrien's fault that it had gotten picked up by someone like Lila.

He sent his reply immediately, telling him he'd be on the way soon. First, he had a different fish to fry.

[Y.Name] stared at Fu, the Guardian of the Miraculouses, and revelled in the minute shock on his face. He seemed to be surprised every time [Y.Name] was waiting outside his door.

"Fancy seeing you here," he drawled sarcastically, leaning over. "Can we talk for a minute?"

The old man moved out of his way, allowing him inside. "Of course."

[Y.Name] skimmed the room, spotting the book he's been chasing all of this time tucked neatly away on a shelf. He wandered over, feigning innocence as he tipped the book back, revealing the symbol of the miraculouses on the front cover. Flippantly flicking through the pages, he said, "What I want to get out of today is simple; I need you to vow something to me."

Fu watched on with plenty of caution. "What could you possibly need from me, young man? There's nothing else I can offer you outside of what you've been given."

"What I'm asking you for isn't difficult. I'm sure a man as wise as you can identify the potential repercussions if you defy me." [Y.Name] held the book open on a page detailing a holder of the lion miraculous, surrounded by a language he couldn't understand. "You cannot, under any circumstances, reveal my identity to Ladybug or Chat Noir."

"I'm not sure I can agree to such a thing."

"If you don't, you're gonna have to deal with a much greater thorn in your side than little ol' me." [Y.Name] snapped the cover shut, holding the book in one hand tucked under his arm, the other propped on his face as he dramatically sighed. "Did you ever warn Ladybug to hide herself well before transforming?"