Chapter 19: Marriage/Popstar

"Wake up Miruka-chan! You have a meeting with the council today, so dress up!"
The new maid rushes everything. I didn't like that.
"Yeah yeah." I slowly peeled myself off the bed of paradise and disappeared into the wardrobe. "Dress up, dress up. Let's see...Ooh!" I admired a pretty blue blouse, until the maid took it off me.
"No no, miss. I said Dress up. Where are your gowns?...Ah" She showed me my lavender maxi dress like a new product for sale.
I admit, the dress was cute but I always fear of tripping up.
"Why do I have to dress up like this anyway? It's just like any other day." I sighed and retreated into my bedroom.
"Today is an important day. Didn't you know? Today is when you meet your husband-to-be, Miss."
What now?
*********************
"An arranged Marriage? That's ridiculous!"
I sat at the dining table with Len, Miku, my dress designer (Sora) and the new maid.
"I know!" I exclaimed. Groaning, I lay my head on the table.
I felt someone stroking my hair.
"The kingdom needs a King, Miruka. I heard that he's really powerful and quite handsome."
The last person I expected to say that, did. Len took his hand off my hair and excused himself.
"He's been a bit moody and distant lately...He wouldn't talk to anyone." Miku whispered to me.
"By the way, Sora-San. My blue blouse ripped this morning, can you please fix it?" I glared at the new maid.
Earlier this morning, I tried to pry the blouse out of her hands and she tugged. Therefore, having it ripped in half.
"Of course I will." Sora grinned.
"Princess, come now. It's time to meet the council." The new maid smiled gently at me and guided me with her hands barely touching me.
I'm starting to hate her...
*********************************
"I didn't start it, it wasn't my fault, and if I were in America I would sue." I celebrated inside myself for using my favourite line from Wild Child. I did mean it though. I would sue. I'm not getting married to some stranger!
"Miruka, sit." The head of the council gestured towards the chair in the middle of the room. "I'm sure you've heard that you're getting married. Well there's been a change of plans. Instead, you are to join the Vocaloids to be a popstar."
Oh dear God...
******************************