Chapter 20: I want to go home...

"How can you just change your mind like that! A marriage sounds way better than being a vocaloid." I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Calm down Miruka. I know this change must be quite shocking. Being a princess and a singer will be difficult, but I know that you can handle it." The head lady said with a smile.

I loathed her smile.

"Why the change?" I simply asked, now calmed down.

"A vocaloid has been severely injured...you're going to replace her."

I didn't think twice. I shot up and ran for the doors. I didn't care that my skirt flew up from the rush, I didn't care that they were shouting for me to come back, I just needed to get to the infirmary.

***************************************************

I sat there still as a statue. I was so pale, I might've just majored in vampire high.

My hand was in hers. Her hand was so still, it was frightening. I couldn't get over the fact that they wanted me to replace her, *scoff* like I would do that. Never.

*Knock knock*

I turned around, not really bothered when Len put his hand on my shoulder, comfortingly.

"How's Rin doing?" He asked softly as if worried his voice would smash me into a million pieces.

"...She's going to be in a coma for at least a month. The doctors say that she may not have much memory due to her brain damage." I answered monotone.

"I see."

Rage filled me. "Don't you care?! This is your sister here! Why won't you say anything!"

Tears stung my eyes as I slowly beat his chest, him letting me.  He suddenly grabbed my hands and placed it on Rin's motionless hand.

"Of course I care. But Rin...she's the type of person that wouldn't want us to be upset over this. Over her."

I could see his emotions now. His slight frown, his glazed eyes and the bags under his eyes. As if he hasn't slept in days.

How long has she been in a coma?

"..Hey...Am I...the last to know?" I asked tentatively. He nodded in reply. "Why? Why didn't no one tell me?"

Tears wasn't pushing their way out now. Only confusion and betrayal.

"...The council...they wanted you to agree to the replacement before you knew. They knew you would refuse when you find out about Rin." He had already taken a seat in the chairs at the back of the room.

I whispered to myself "...That's totally nuts..."

**********************************

3 weeks has passed. Rin was still in a coma.

The only change was that the council agreed to find someone else fill in for Rin until her recovery, but I have to go through the marriage.

I wasn't very keen on that, but if that means that Rin gets to keep singing then I'm all up for it. Also, as the princess, I should want the best for my kingdom. No?

"Rise and shine princess!" The new maid scurried across my room to open my curtains.

I laughed to myself as I thought that I was actually a princess, it wasn't just a phrase they used.

"You're meeting the Prince today. Get up and get ready for beautification." Her southern accent bothered me. Its not like I don't like the accent, I actually think it's interesting, it's just that...it was early, and I felt so groggy. So therefore, I wanted to punch her face in.

_______________________________________________________

Whattt???!!! Yep.

Vote, comment and keep readin'!