The Dragon's Call

Start from the beginning

They reach the training grounds where Silas leans against the wall to watch "Where's the target?" Arthur asks Morris, a serving boy. "There, Sir?" Morris tells Arthur. "It's into the sun." Arthur responds. "But, it's not that bright." Morris says. "A bit like you, then." Arthur tells him, making the other knights laugh and Silas roll his eyes. "I'll put the target on the other end, shall I, Sir?" Morris says before going to move the target. "This'll teach him." Arthur says as he throws a dagger at the target. "Hey! Hang on!" Morris exclaims. "Don't stop!" Arthur smiles. Morris takes a few steps back "Here?" he asks. "I told you to keep moving!" Arthur says throwing another dagger. "Come on! Run!" Arthur tells him. Silas sighs and stands as Morris drops the target making it roll to a dark haired man's feet. The man puts his foot on it to stop Morris picking it up "Hey, come on, that's enough." he smiles as Arthur, Silas and Arthur's friends walk over to them. "What?" Arthur asks. "Arthur don't." Silas begs quietly to himself. "You've had your fun, my friend." the man tells Arthur. "Do I know you?" Arthur asks. "Er, I'm Merlin." Merlin responds, holding out his hand. "So I don't know you." Arthur responds not taking his hand. "No." Merlin admits. "Yet you called me 'friend.'" Arthur says. "That was my mistake." Merlin says. "Yes, I think so." Arthur agrees. "Yeah. I'd never have a friend who could be such an ass." Merlin says before he starts walking away from them. "Or I one who could be so stupid." Arthur calls after him.

Merlin stops walking and turns back to them "Tell me, Merlin, do you know how to walk on your knees?" Arthur asks. "No." Merlin responds. "Would you like me to help you?" Arthur asks. "I wouldn't if I were you." Merlin retorts. "Why? What are you going to do to me?" Arthur chuckles. "You have no idea." Merlin tells him. "Be my guest! Come on! Come on! Come oooooon." Arthur says taunting him. Merlin takes a swing at him making Arthur twist his arm behind his back "I'll have you thrown in jail for that." he tells Merlin. "What, who do you think you are? The King?" Merlin asks. "No. I'm his son, Arthur." Arthur responds before taking Merlin out at the knees. Silas groans as Arthur hands Merlin to a couple of guards "You had to taunt him, didn't you?" Silas asks. "I wanted to see what he'd do." Arthur shrugs. Silas shakes his head "We better get back." he tells his brother. Arthur nods and leads the way back towards the castle.

The next evening after eating Silas walks to Gaius' Chambers, when he gets there he knocks on the door "Come in

The next evening after eating Silas walks to Gaius' Chambers, when he gets there he knocks on the door "Come in." Gaius says from inside. Silas opens the door and smiles at the man he sees as a grandfather "Evening Gaius." he greets. "Silas, is everything alright?" Gaius asks him. "Everything is quite alright Gaius. I just got bored so came to see you." Silas responds as Merlin walks in. "Oh, Merlin this is Silas, the King's youngest son. Silas this is Merlin, he's currently staying with me." Gaius explains. Merlin bows "Don't bow Merlin. I'm not like my Father or Arthur." Silas smiles putting out his hand, Merlin smiles and shakes his hand. When Merlin does Silas feels a warm feeling spread up his arm and accidently makes wind gently blow through Gaius' chambers. "Uh, I..." Silas trails off panicking. "Wait, you have magic?" Merlin asks excitedly. "Please don't tell anyone, only Gaius, Father, Arthur and Morgana know." Silas says quickly. Merlin nods "I promise." he responds before looking at Gaius who nods. "I have magic too." Merlin tells the youngest Pendragon. "Really?" Silas asks him. Merlin nods "Silas, you better get back to your quarters. Before Uther finds out you're not in them." Gaius interrupts. Silas nods "I'll see you around Merlin. Bye Gaius." he smiles before leaving and rushing back to his quarters.