33: Last Day

The sun was already glaring brightly when Coach Qi Na, Xing Zi, and Jia Li returned to the cabin. Fortunately, Jia Li hadn't caught any fever and was allowed to leave after the doctor had checked up her temperature. Qi Ying however, on the other hand, was advised to stay since her fever hadn't subsided together with Huang Jing. Xiu Wen and Mu were instructed by Coach Qi Na to watch over the two whilst they finish the very last part of the training for this week.

Xing Zi and Jia Li had immediately changed their overnight clothes to fresh ones before walking to the tennis courts. A basket containing Yu Qing's uniforms was held within Xing Zi's arm and she placed it in the middle of Zi Ping and Si Yang, who shook their hands as a sign to start the matches.

"While we hope that you can put on the team uniforms, we will not make it easy for you." Zi Ping stated firmly.

"We will do our best." Si Yang simply replied with a stoic expression.

The matches all started at the same time. Jia Li was watching the Golden Partners', who seemed unlikely themselves. Whilst Jia Le had tremendously improved, Da Yong became exhausted easily. This worried Jia Le, causing him to forfeit the match. When he ushered Da Yong to the side, Da Yong protested about quitting the game. But Jia Le and Coach Qi Na encouraged him that he needed to rest as he was having a hard time breathing properly. Jia Li intervened when Coach Qi Na went to check on the others, handing two bottles of water and towels to her brother and Da Yong.

"Thanks, Little sis." Jia Le grinned.

She smiled in return and held Da Yong's arm, "Why don't you sit down for a while? You look so tired." Without any strength to argue, Da Yong allowed her and Jia Le to lead him to sit on one of the benches and watched the other games.

Despite the Golden Partners forfeiting, Jia Li proudly smiled as the others won their respective matches with the exception of Lu Xia and Zhuo Zhi, who were benched. Surprisingly, Zhi Ming and Bai Yang's unintentional doubles team was quite coordinated, and Jia Li could feel that these two could be the second tennis doubles players of Yu Qing.

Gradually, Qiao Chen and Si Yang also won, leaving Xing Long the only one left to finish. The stake of getting back their uniforms depend on whether they could win or not. Which was why when Xing Long won, Jia Le and Da Yong jumped onto each other, embracing before gathering with their teammates around Xing Long.

Yu Qing's aggressive player hesitantly smiled at Si Yang, "Captain, I want to return to the team."

Si Yang stared at him with his unwavering stoic facade, yet a ghost of smile was faintly seen on his lips, "You never even left."

Jia Li smiled at the scene, Ah, this feels like a real team now. Complete and together.

That day, Yu Qing was able to retrieve back their jersey uniforms. Both teams were standing in one line, facing each other. Each of the Yu Feng players handed a uniform to the Yu Qing player opposite of them. Xing Zi grinned and nudged her as the boys eagerly wore their uniforms. Jia Li watched with a smile as she glanced at each player wearing their jersey jackets.

Why do they all look so handsome wearing their jersey uniforms?

"On behalf of Yu Feng, I am placing one last bet with Yu Qing." Zi Ping smiled. "Next time we meet on the court we will not lose again."

Si Yang grinned, "Okay, I hope that the next time we see you, you are one of the final eight teams qualified for the National League."

Xing Zi chuckled, looking over at the players. Her arm was hooked around Jia Li's. "Your uniforms are so difficult to wash! But you all look better now wearing it."

"Thank you, Xing Zi!" Qiao Chen instantly waved from the other end of the line. "I now feel super motivated since I'm wearing the uniform again!" Everyone chuckled at him.

Ah, Qiao Chen. You're motivated because Xing Zi was the one who washed your uniform. Jia Li snickered to herself.

"Alright, line up and let's take a photo so I can write a report about it when we return to school." Coach Qi Na clapped her hands.

At that, Yu Feng began to leave as they thought the picture taking was only for Yu Qing. But Jia Le stopped them, "Wait, let's take a photo together."

"Yes, let's do it together." Coach Qi Na agreed and turned to her, "Jia Li, please take a photo of us."

"Sure, Coach." Jia Li chirped and took out her camera, adjusting the lenses as the boys positioned themselves with Coach Qi Na in the middle. Yu Feng and Yu Qing had blended, positioning themselves with the other school as they faced Jia Li and Xing Zi. Their faces were sporting either serious or blank. She counted on three and when she was about to snap, Qiao Chen changed into a funny pose, causing him to be a photobomb in the photo.

After that, it was time to leave.

Jia Li was with Xing Zi in the kitchen, preparing for their one last meal before going back to their respective places. The rest were gathered around the dining table, drowning the place with their loud voices. They only hushed when the girls brought out food.

Coach Qi Na smiled, "I would like to thank Yu Feng for accepting this one-week training proposal. Your skills and determination have encouraged Yu Qing to be better." Zi Ping smiled at that and nodded. "I'm also very grateful for the girls, who are a great help in cooking our meals and keeping the cabin clean. Without them, I'm sure this place would have already been destroyed." Jia Li and Xing Zi snickered at that as they sat on their seats next to their brothers. "Now, let's eat!"

Everyone dived in, filling their grumbling stomachs. The atmosphere was lively as everyone engaged themselves in different conversations. Jia Li smiled to herself as she looked around, thanking her parents for forcing her to come with Jia Le. This break had definitely relaxed them, earned new friends, and trained Yu Qing stronger, gluing back the team as a whole again.

I could get used to this.

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

Author's Note

It's been a while since I wrote an Author's Note. So basically, this is just a filler chapter because my exams already piling up. But I promise I'll write better chapters when Christmas break arrives :)

To everyone who's still reading, voting, and commenting, I love you all! Thanks for the support! Feel free to comment down any suggestions or parts that you find confusing.

- r