Liam had actually met Ethan first, who introduced him to everyone else and got him out of that stupid dorm room after a few months. When he first met Morgan he tried to get friendly with him, despite how shy he was back then, but Morgan shot him down too. Almost immediately. He admittedly came on kind of strong... That was a long time ago. They were all such good friends now. 

Liam still flirted with Morgan... Kind of a lot.

Not because he was expecting anything to happen at this point, he just had fun doing it... He couldn't get hurt doing it. It wasn't like getting stood up. 

Liam knew the answer to his obnoxious flirting was an obvious no

He'd been doing this for a while. It wasn't serious anymore, because he knew Morgan wasn't into it, but it had become some of the only fun he could have like that.

Once Liam had leaned over a little close to Morgan's face when they were talking and sitting at the side of the pool. Morgan literally pushed him over and right into the water. Liam wasn't even wearing a bathing suit. Another time, all four of them were getting food from a food truck and Liam grabbed Morgan's hand to lick the ketchup off of his finger -- Morgan stuck his gross, wet finger right into Liam's ear. There was even one time when they were alone at the apartment about a year ago when he almost thought Morgan was flirting back with him...even if he was just joking...but he wasn't sure. Nothing happened. Morgan just walked away. Morgan was totally untouchable to him and he knew that.

Which is why he was coming home to be alone, after another stupid failed attempt to get laid.

"Woah! What're you doing here?" Morgan yelled from the couch where they were all playing some card game on the coffee table and drinking. Ethan was hitting a weed pipe.

Liam just angrily glared at Morgan's stupid beautiful face and walked straight into his bedroom, the one on the right.

"Awwwwww, babe... I'm sorry -- " Ethan yelled out, but Liam slammed his door shut before he said anything else.

 ·  ·  ·  ·  ·

"You're totally doing it wrong," Ethan commented on Liam's guitar playing. He was sitting on the other side of the coach with Julian's head on his lap, playing with his hair.

It had been about a week but he was still pissed off about his last failed attempt to go on a date. 

He had been sulking and spent most of his time either crying in his room or sitting on the couch smoking weed and playing guitar.

"Uh, no, I made this up." Liam defended.

"Yeah but your C minor is wrong," Ethan explained.

Liam rolled his eyes.

"...You're seeing a minor?" Morgan asked, coming into the kitchen now from his bedroom.

"No... I'm not seeing anyone. Obviously." Liam played his version of C minor and glared at Ethan before he kept playing the rest of his song.

Morgan was pouring himself some cereal but kept looking back at him, which was making him mess up. Liam figured Morgan probably thought he sucked at guitar with how much he messed up when Morgan was there.

"Stop looking at me." Liam glared from looking down at his guitar.

Morgan laughed, knowing he was talking to him and not the other two he was originally playing for. Morgan walked back into his bedroom eating a spoonful of his cereal.