Chapter Fourteen: Black Out

Depuis le début

It didn't matter, I was trying to rewind the last few moments of my time with Charlotte in order to locate where she was dispatched too. I continued to fall, almost as I was in slow motion. Regaining my senses I quickly spurred myself around, only seconds before a Titans jaw snapped shut before me. Swinging my blades I blinded the creature, and propelled myself behind its neck and in one quick slash cut through its nape.

She went to the East, I'm sure of it. What if....no don't think that way.....I've got to find her. Even if she's....I just have to see for myself. I won't leave her out here alone.

Quickly, I used my gas to launch myself forward. I could feel the tanks becoming empty, I would have to use them sparingly as I continued to search for Charlotte.

Two Titans ahead.

I ran my tongue over my lips as I concentrated on the best strategy that would enable me to take out the most Titans at once. The mysterious unique ability I possessed once again overtook my small frame, unlocking my full potential.

I surged forward, managing to leap from one Titans head to another. The creatures waved their lanky limps swinging them violently, only resulting in delivering hits to each other in there attempt to hit my petite form. Granting me full access to their napes as they became tangled in their efforts to grab me.

I never exchanged another passing glance as I continued forward, driven only by my desire to find Charlotte.

Reaching the inner depths of the city, I tried to cover as much ground as possible while keeping my eyes peeled for any oncoming Titans that were currently lurking within the ruins. A small war cry filled the air, capturing my attention as I drove towards the sound.

Nearing the commotion I could make out Charlottes familiar blonde mane, tied back into a thick braid upon her back. Blades were drawn in each of her hands, as she stood braced between a Titan and a another figure that laid motionless on the tile of the platform they were positioned on.

The Titan was an abnormal, by the way it carried itself. Circling itself around Charlotte and the figure as if it was toying with them. Yet, there were no other Titans in a one mile radius.

Did this Titan drive off every other oncoming Titans just so they could have Charlotte and the unknown figure to themself? No...they can't be that smart....

I gave a small whistle gaining the abnormal attentions away from Charlotte.

Charlotte whipped her head to the side, her eyes filled with panic and relief.

"Aria, no!" She yelled weakly, just as the Titan decided to lunge towards me.

"Go!" My voice screamed before I aimed my grapple hooks straight for the Titans neck, sinking them deep within its skin. It was a risky move, charging straight ahead into a Titan but my confidence in my skills were greater than the fear of being devoured alive.

The abnormal jaws snapped numerous times as I reeled myself forward, it's large hands aimed to clasp me between them. My fingers fumbled with the gear, waiting to opportune moment. Alas, they found the trigger, reeling my grapple hooks back to my sides I used the momentum to twirl myself and slashed the Titans hands in two.

I aimed the hooks just a little higher and pulled myself forwards again, maneuvering my hips to swing myself wide and around the back portion of its neck and away from its snapping jaws. The movements were too quick for the Titan, as both blades slashed through the back of its neck.