Swimsuit

"Y/N, do you wanna go to the pool later?" Percy asked his best friend, Y/N.

"Um, no thanks."

"What? Why? It's the first day of summer. Plus, it's tradition. We've been doing this since we were 6. Please?"

"No." Y/N insisted. She just couldn't. Never again.

"Could you at least tell me why?" Percy really wanted Y/N to go with him to the pool. They had been doing it for so long and he loved spending time with her.

"I'm coming to your house. I'll tell you then." Y/N had no intention of telling him, hoping he would forget by then. She was planning to go to his house though. Those blue cookies were irresistible.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Care to tell me why you won't be coming to the pool with me?" Percy asked, clearly not forgetting Y/N's words earlier.

"Promise not to tell anyone," Y/N knew she could trust him, but she had to make sure.

"Promise."

"I'm insecure." And that's all it took.

"About what? It can't be your body, you look perfect. You are perfect. So now you'll come to the pool with me?"

"No Percy, I'm not going. My body has changed and I'm not comfortable wearing a swimsuit."

"Then... will you get icecream with me? Just the two of us?"

"I would love that."

Well this is one way to start off this book.

If you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments.