ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

It was just another calm and gentle morning in the Dursley household, the noise of sizzling bacon sliced through the silence and the clatter of cutlery being placed upon the rounded table. "Diddy darling, would you mind waking up Venus? Be careful not to startle her too much, we don't want a repeat of last year." Petunia shuddered at the memory, but before Dudley could even exit the room, thumping footsteps come from the stairs.

"I'm here! I'm here! I didn't forget your birthday, D!" Venus rushed into the room, panting, her red hair untamed. She would have dove straight into the dining table if Dudley hadn't tackled her onto the couch.

"I didn't think you would Prongsie, but we all know how much you love your beauty rest," He teases, causing a small pout to form on Venus' lips before they both started to laugh and roll across the floor.

"Would both of you quieten please, and be careful not to break any furniture, I don't want to replace anything for at least another three months," Petunia reprimanded. This caused Dudley and Venus to freeze and look at Petunia sheepishly.

"Oh my gosh! I just remembered! I left your present in the broom cupboard!" Venus exclaimed and unraveled herself from her cousin before she dashed out of the room and to the stairs where a small white door stood.

A few slow moments later and Venus came back into the room, two boxes in tow, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Oh no, I don't like that look, get that look off of your face right now! What have you done Prongsie? I can see that gleam in your eyes and I do not like it, not one single bit!" Dudley exclaimed.

"I don't know what you're talking about, dear cousin of mine." Venus replied while she slowly moved closer to him, with a widened smile . "Now won't you please indulge me in the pleasure of watching you open my gifts, after all, you did want more this year than your last."

"Why must you do this every single year?" Dudley whined while a small smile wiggles its way upon his face, his body language obviously indicated that he was slightly excited to start shedding the pile of brightly coloured paper opposite him.

"Because," Venus started before her smile widened further (if that was even possible at this point). With a wide smirk she continued, "Giving you a gift and watching you open it is a highlight of my day, you're my best friend Dudley, I'd do anything to make you smile".

Petunia's heart melted at the sight and wished so dearly that she could photograph this memory and keep it for forever, the sight of seeing her younger sister's daughter and her dearest Duddy-kins getting on together, and having a relationship like she wished she had with her own sister.

"Ah, there's the birthday boy!" The booming voice of Vernon Dursley echoed throughout the living room as he let out a yawn and kisses Petunia on the cheek before he pulled Dudley into a hug.

"C'mon Dudders," exclaimed Venus. "Open the prezzies I got you, I wanna see your reaction to them!" Dudley paled slightly as he remembered the impish grin Venus displayed as he reached out and picked the two obnoxiously pink parcels from the top of the pile. Before he could open them, however, Venus snatched them off him. She put one in each hand before offering the two to him. "Left or right Duddy dearest?"

A villainous smirk casted a spell upon her lips. "Left?" Dudley whispered, trying to gain any sort of information from her face on whether one box had something gross in it or not.

Venus's smirk grew wider as she handed him the bigger of the two boxes. Dudley began to slowly peel back the wrapping paper, hoping to avoid anything jumping out at him. As he saw that it was simply a cassette tape he finished ripping off the paper.