ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴛᴀꜱᴋ

Venus' nerves peaked as the 24th of June drew closer, but they were tame compared to those she had felt before the first and second tasks. For one, she was confident that, this time, she had done everything in her power to prepare and had practiced for hours. For another, this was the final task, and however well or badly she did during it, the tournament would be over.

Over the past month, with the help and support from her friends, she had finally begun to heal, grow back into her own skin. Over the month, while Venus would never be the same again, she regained that imaginative spark in her emerald green eyes, she began to eat again and regained colour back in her skin. Even though she wasn't back one-hundred percent, and she never would be, she was back on her feet and she wasn't going to let that goddamn Weasel keep her from defying gravity to reach the impossibility of the goals she so desperately wanted to achieve.

Breakfast was a very noisy affair at the Hufflepuff table that morning since both the Hogwarts champions and the Beaubaton's champion were sitting there. The post owls appeared, bringing Venus a good-luck card from her god-fathers, to which a soft smile appeared on her face at the calming words from Remus washed over her and the obviously over-excited Sirius with his scrawling handwriting covering half the paper with good luck wishes and notes on how he knew she would trash the other champions.

Professor McGonagall came walking alongside the Hufflepuff table toward her with a small smile in place on her face. "Potter, Diggory, the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Hall after breakfast," she announced.

"But the task's not till tonight!" cried Venus, accidentally spilling scrambled eggs down her front, leading Fleur to sigh and grab a napkin, rubbing at Venus' shirt with it to remove the food, "Vee, why must you be so clumsy at times?" Fleur sighed.

"I'm aware of that, Venus," Minnie said. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them." She moved away.

Venus gaped after her. "Who does she really expect to turn up? Sirius and Remus already sent a good luck card, and they are hardly going to let muggles in," she asked George and Hermione blankly.

"Dunno," said George "Venus, I'd better hurry, I'm going to be late for class. See you later." Venus finished her breakfast in the emptying Great Hall. She, Cedric and Fleur got up and headed over to the side room they had gone to after being picked initially. Venus had decided to join them since she had nothing else to do, and why not meet her girlfriend's parents? When they entered the room however, Venus was in for a surprise, for, inside the room there was a crowd of people waiting for her, Sirius was the first to rush forward and wrap her in a hug with Remus and Dudley?! Venus squealed as she enveloped her brother in another hug, tears leaking from her eyes with joy.

Cedric had moved to his parents and were talking just inside the door. Viktor Krum was over in a corner, conversing with his dark-haired mother and father in rapid Bulgarian. He had clearly inherited his fathers hooked nose. On the other side of the room, Fleur was jabbering away in French to her mother. Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, was holding her mother's hand. She waved at Venus, who waved back, grinning.

Then she saw Mr Weasley, Bill and Charlie standing in front of the fireplace, beaming at her. "Surprise!" Mr Weasley said excitedly as he smiled broadly and walked over to them. "Thought we'd come and watch you. Venus!"