"Lifetime of Survivors Guilt"

Lucifer's POV:

I looked around the room at everyone after I dropped that bomb. Everyone was shocked, which was a given, but I looked to the Mikaelson girl, she didn't really look shocked she looked a bit scared, which is a shame, I liked her.

"If it makes you more comfortable, you can call me Lucifer." I said, no longer smiling when I looked at Hope. I felt a pull that was telling me that I needed to know her, I've never felt this pull before but I felt as if I had to give in. "If you still want me to, I will come to the school, I can behave myself I promise." I said as I threw another smirk at Hope. I mean she was really hot, like undeniably hot. "Look I know it wouldn't be great advertising, having the literal Devil at your school, but I promise once you get to know me I'm really not all that awful."

"Alright, come with us, you've been around a long time, and when you say you can control yourself, I feel like you will." He said with a sigh, which made my face turn into a smile, a genuine one that I hadn't felt in a long time. "Uh dad, like she said she is the literal Devil don't you think that maybe we shouldn't cling to every word she says." Lizzie said, still looking a bit scared of me. She had fire in her, I liked it, I felt like we might actually be friends, "I mean her thing is literally deceiving people." Josie said butting in.

"Ok, enough girls, she's coming with us, she is the Devil, if she's a threat we need to know." Alaric said. "And I'm quite smart, besides i've been around a while, longer than the Mikaelsons, may I add." As soon as I said that I saw the pain on Hope's face, which I didn't mean to bring, I brought that pain, I did that to that beautiful face. I thought with immediate regret that I had brought up her family.

After I had changed, I got into the car and we were going to make a stop before we got to the school, the gemini twins, had wanted to go home, so I just snapped them back to the school, I asked Hope if she wanted snapped back, and she said no. "Alright, we have to make a pit stop, fetch another supernatural really quick." Alaric said. We stopped at a church and got out of the car. "Landon?" Hope said, obviously shocked by the curly haired boy in front of her, "Hope?" the boy I now know as Landon asked, "Ok, can we have this heartfelt reunion later?" Alaric asked, He tried to get the door open but no luck, "Hope." He said, "I got it," she said a spell, that blasted the door open, even I was impressed.

"Shut the priest up will you?" Ric said to Hope, "Silencio" Hope said finally shutting that annoying priest's mouth, "I hate priests" I said with annoyance, as Hope made everyone else drop to the floor, I walked up to the boy, who was in pain and transitioning into a werewolf. I put my hands on his shoulders, and whispered a spell under my breath, "Oh my god." Landon said as I took a step back looking at the newly turned werewolf in front of me, "How many times am I going to have to tell people not to speak of god around me." I said, "Sorry ma'am" Landon said, clearly scared of Hope and I. "Yeah don't call me ma'am either, makes me feel older than I am, which is saying something because I am old." I said looking at the boy with a blank expression that I had perfected over the years.

Once we were all piled in the car, I was sitting in the back with Landon, and who I had learned the boy is named Rafael, and Hope was in the front with Alaric. "So, how do you two know each other." Alaric said looking at Hope and Landon, I was intrigued wanting to know this as well, "He used to serve me milkshakes at the mystic grill." She said turning back to look at him. "Peanut butter blast, whipped cream on the bottom." He said with a blank expression. "We danced once," He said, which is when I felt the sudden urge to rip his throat out, "We tried," Hope said giggling, "And then you moved away." She said, "And then you made a door blow off it's hinges with your brain." He said, which I chuckled at.

We got back to the school, and we climbed out of the car, and I saw the twins again, "Welcome to the Salvatore school, We're your tour guides" Lizzie said to Raf, "I'm Josie, and I'm Lizzie." They said as if they had done this many times, "Sisters, Twins, Fraternal, Obvs." They said alternating between who was talking, "Morning Hope." They both said in sync walking away. "Morning girls." She said trying to sound sweet, but failing miserably, as I stifled a laugh, "More like despair." Lizzie said, "I heard that!" Hope said a bit more agitated than before. "No you didn't." Lizzie stated back to her, "Didn't have to!" Hope replied.

I was immediately sent to Alaric's office, which didn't surprise me, but apparently word that I was there had already gotten out, and everyone was trying to see the devil. Hope was already venturing away before I grabbed her arm and pulled her with me through the crowd. There were a lot of people and when we pushed through the door, and I had her pinned against the wall, our bodies on each other.

We stared at each other for a good 20 seconds, until we pulled apart. Alaric hadn't made his was through yet, as he was still trying to get Landon settled. "Hey look, I'm really sorry about when we were in my apartment." I spoke sitting down in the chair. Hope looked at me with intrigue, wanting me to elaborate, "I mentioned that I was older than your family, and it wasn't until I had done it that I saw the pain on your face." I said, "I didn't have pain on my face-" She said as I cut her off, "Please... Pain caused by parents, I know the feeling all to well, It's what most would call A Lifetime of Survivors Guilt, mine is just for my brother." I said, "The Great Lucifer has family?" She asked tauntingly, "Well not anymore." I said, "Here let me show you."

I stood up and walked to her, as I put my hands on her waist, she grabbed one of them, obviously scared of what I might do, I looked at her with a look of sincerity, and she let my hand go. My eyes glowed red, as I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me putting my forehead to hers. -Flashback- "NO!" I screamed as I was running to hold my bleeding out brother in my arms. "JACOB WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I yelled at my other brother. "What do you mean me? This was clearly you that stabbed our brother." Jacob said to me at once. I immediately knew what he was doing. As he dropped the knife and sprinted to our Father. I set my brother's bleeding body down gently and sprinted after him. "Father!" I yelled but it was to late. "You killed Gabriel?!" My Father boomed at me. "YOUR OWN BLOOD!" "What?! No, this was Jacob I promise you Father!" I said desperately trying to get Him to believe me, "Your promises mean nothing to me anymore. You are now banished, from heaven!" He yelled at me, "NO FATHER PLEASE-" I yelled back being cut off by my body lurching backward, as I fell into the depths of hell.

The flashback stopped and I separated myself from a sad looking Hope Mikaelson, who somehow managed to look even more beautiful when she was sad. I stepped impossibly closer to her and wiped the tears from her face. "I'm so sorry." She said quietly. "Don't cry for me. Please, your too beautiful. I don't deserve your tears..." "Ok, I just wanted to apologize for before." I said untangling myself from her. "You can leave if you'd like." I said, "No, I want to stay." She said looking at me with her beautiful light blue eyes. "You got your father's eyes." I said to her smiling a sad smile, which she returned. She was about to say something, just as Alaric walked in, "Ok, Lucifer let's get started, why don't we." He said.