Even if it's the last thing I do, I will know her.

Lucifer's POV

"Alright Lucifer. You ready to get started?" Alaric asked not looking up from his chart, to see how close Hope and I were. A smirk, a genuine smirk, crossed my face as Hope got flustered and untangled herself from me, still, Alaric not noticing. "Yeah, yeah, I'm ready, go ahead." I said my tone laced with sarcasm that was so subtle that anyone without supernatural hearing couldn't hear, of course Hope could. Which was my intention. She smiled a bit which made me smile a bit too. Even if it's the last thing I do, I will know her.

Alaric was walking me to Hope's room, and because she left early she doesn't know I'm going to be her new roommate. This should be fun. I set my stuff on the extra bed, "Ok well, I trust you can get set up ok then?" Alaric said, or more asked. "Yes, Thank you Dr. Saltzman." He smiled at me and made his way out

Hope's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?" I said surprised to see Lucifer in my room but not exactly mad which surprised me, "We're roommates now. Aren't you excited to be stuck with me everyday?" She said with sarcasm quite obvious this time. "I mean yeah but I just didn't expect this." I said, This is going to be awful, I can barely resist her as it is, and she obviously gets amusement from my failing to ignore her. No matter how hard I try. I thought to myself, and she smirked, like she always does. Like she can read my thoughts.

Lucifer's POV

I sat on the bed and smirked at the blue eyed tribrid, I knew she was thinking about something in that head of hers but I didn't know what. Sadly, mind reading isn't one of my powers. So I did what I always do, I bluffed, I smirked so that she would think I do know what she's thinking, although I guess I should've given her more credit, she is the daughter of the Devil 2.0. "What are you smirking at?" She asked, an amused look rising on her face aswell, "Honest?" I ask, she nods her head, "I was trying to see if I could get in your head and get you to tell me what you were thinking. I guess I didn't give you enough credit." I said, this time a smirk slid across her face. Which made me scoff and then chuckle.

We just kind of looked at each other intently for a minute, not like the intense moment we had earlier but we just kind of felt at home in each other's gaze. Although that was interrupted when Ric came in, "Alright we are going to go get Landon. Are you coming Hope?" Dr. Saltzman asked, I could then see Hope's blue eyes ignite in a blaze of fury, I became worried for her, which is weird because I haven't felt worry for anyone in centuries. I just pushed the feeling down though and said to Alaric, "You know I'm a loose cannon, I should probably go with you, It's not safe for the kids at the school without you guys to keep me in check here." I said more to Alaric than to Hope, "I mean if you want to come I guess you can." Hope said with a little too much excitement in her voice that we all noticed. And Ric gave a knowing smile to Hope, "Yeah you can come if you'd like, just... don't kill anyone please." Ric said, "No promises." I said as I winked and walked out of the door.