Chapter 21: The Revenge

Start from the beginning

"What is wrong?" Ryujin asked when we settled right in front of the office.

"What are you doing here at night?" I asked. At that time, I really hoped that what I was doing would end well.

"We are just gathering."

"Do not lie on my face!"

"If I lie, my nose must be long, right?" Did she really tried to pull a joke right now?

"What is wrong, Yeddeong?" Ryujin tried to reach my hand and was shocked when I quickly avoided her.

"Do you want to attack Eunwoo's brother?!"

"What?"

"Do not try to avoid the question!"

"Who told you that?"

"Just answer my question, Ryujin. Yes, or no?"

"Baby, you need to sleep right now. It is getting late. You need to be home."

"Shin Ryujin!"

"Don't you ever try to change the topic, Shin!" She remained silent, until I spoke up.

"Do you really want to take a revenge on Eunwoo's brother?"

"Who told you all of these?"

"Whatever you say. Only one thing, Ryujin, if you go and attack them, I don't want to see you again!" I said with rage.

"Yeddeong, who told you this?" Ryujin's face was hardened, and I knew that she was trying to control her anger.

"It is not your business, Shin."

"It is!"

"Please, don't." I suddenly begged to her with a really low voice. I was sure that I was about to break my tears in front of her.

Ryujin kept her silent while looking at me.

"Please don't continue with your plans. Or else, we will break up."

I really can't come to terms with Ryujin if she's going to take revenge. Ryujin closed her eyes for a moment.

"Yeddeong."

"What?!" I immediately snapped to her, contrasting on when I pleaded her not to continue her plan for tonight.

Ryujin immediately fell silent.

"Anyway, I've already told you. If you attack Eunwoo's brother, I've told you, we will break up!" I said again. Ryujin is silent. Ryujin took my hand, trying to prevent me from leaving.

"What?!" I shouted at her really loudly.

And I didn't expect that at the same time, Yugo suddenly appeared. He stood beside me while looking at Ryujin. Ryujin let go of her hand that was holding mine while looking at Yugo, then she stepped back a little. I could tell from her eyes that she wanted to know who Yugo was.

"What is this?" Yugo furiously asked Ryujin.

"It's okay," I replied to Yugo.

"What's wrong, girl?" Yugo asked Ryujin again.

Ryujin shrugged her shoulders.

"Ask her." Ryujin replied while pointing at me.

"Why?" Yugo asked me.

"Nothing. Please Yugo, don't interfere with this." I said to Yugo.

"What is this?" as I could tell, Yugo still doesn't want to leave.

"Yugo, please" I said in a slightly tensed voice.

I could see Ryujin had balled up her fists by her side. My heartbeat started to rapidly increase, mainly because I don't want Ryujin to get into any other trouble.

"Can you just wait in the car?" I don't know how to handle it, and I felt like the situation was getting worse.

"But I can't leave you in trouble." Yugo replied.

"It is okay. I'll be fine." I said to Yugo.

"Just wait in the car. She is not a trouble. Trust me."

"But- "

"You heard the lady, man." Ryujin suddenly interrupted, her voice was in a really low tone.

And at that time, I should have realized that Ryujin could be jealous when she found out that I came with Yugo.

"Shut up, girl!" I frowned when Yugo suddenly snapped at Ryujin.

"Can you please just go, Yugo? I am okay. Let me settle my conversation with her first."

"She doesn't seem that safe."

"This is my choice. And I want to be with her alone."

"She wanted to be alone with me. Leave us." Ryujin said while gritting her teeth.

"Wait for me in the car."

"I need to make sure that you are safe." I saw Ryujin could only stare, watching our dialogue. Then, Ryujin turned around and walked over without glancing back.

"Ryujin!" I tried to prevent her from leaving.

"What more? It's done, right? I guess I am not that safe for you to talk with as he said."

"No, Ryujin please." I ran a bit since Ryujin has walked quite far from the office.

"What?" Ryujin asked me with a slightly higher tone that before.

"Don't do that."

Ryujin was about to open her mouth again when suddenly my mother called my phone and wanted me to come back home right then.

"Go home, Yeddeong. Your mother is worried about you." Ryujin smiled weakly towards me.

I remained silent.

"Yeddeong, I will be fine. No matter if you love me or hate me, I will still love you. Please bear that in your mind, okay babygirl? I really love you. A lot." She said before kissing my forehead lightly, while me hugging her tightly, not wanting her to go.

"Take care of yourself, baby. I love you a lot." She then kissed my lips fondly, as if pouring her heart into that kiss. Soon after, she joined her friends in the field, leaving me being dragged by Yugo to enter his pick-up before he drove to my house.