"Oh this is war." I grab a plate and he makes a run for it heading towards the kitchen. Quite the mistake on his part, his tall frame stands out in this kitchen I could catch him without even trying. Throwing the plate it lands on his shoulder just as he gets away. Taking one more handful of paint I splatter him getting a bit on the floor making him slip landing flat on his back.

The room falls silent for a moment and a hearty laugh erupts from deep within his chest. I laugh lightly before asking if he was okay. Helping him up to his feet he rests his hand in his hair looking utterly embarrassed to have been bested by me. Before I could even react to his hand coming straight for me, he smears the plate it across my face.

"Now I won."

We laugh together and just like that I could feel the tears welling in my eyes, I've missed this so much. Seeing the tears he grabs ahold of my shoulders and pulls me in. He says nothing pulling away then takes the camera from around my neck and he tucks the hair behind my ear and takes a picture.

"I've missed you." I admit.

"I'm—" He takes another picture. "I just—"

He can't seem to say what he needs to say. I begin to cry a little more the tears rolling so slowly yet uncontrollably. I move the camera and hold onto him and for a while he's tense but then he relaxes. I don't even know why I am crying, I'm not sad or maybe I am a little.

"I'm not sure what to do now." He says.

"Just be with me Eric...that's what you do now. Be here in the moment with me." Hugged up against him I hear his stomach growl in anger. "Why don't I make breakfast."

There's an awkward silence while I cooked breakfast all he seemed to do was look at the paint in the living room and he took pictures. He eventually went outside I figure he needed some air. from the tense silence. I make the plates and just as I do he calls to me from outside.

"Maia!"

I run out in a hurry thinking something is wrong but it's not. A beautiful piece of artwork, he's painted the sidewalk by the pool. Swirls of colors surrounding this black spot and all I could think ws he is the black spot. My sister is my black spot. 

"Will you be my muse once more?"

"Always."

"Take off your clothes. Lie in the middle on your back."

I take off my shirt revealing the perky point of my nipples. I drop my shorts and underwear at my feet and he tosses them. As I lie on my back he begins to paint me. Just like the work on the ground full of colors. He rubs the curve of my breast, along my ribcage and circling at my naval. I can feel myself blushing at the sensual nature of his hands painting my body. I feel as if I'm being sculpted by his hand.

"Beautiful." He utters untying my ponytail and sprawling my hair out. He takes pictures of my naked body. I use my own arm to cover my nipples and fold my leg to cover my vagina. After taking a picture he moves my leg back and removes my arm.

"Please don't hide."

"Eric..."

His eyes almost look as if a tear has formed, "Maia, I don't deserve you, not in the slightest." But he closed his eyes to quickly for me to be sure.

"Not the way you've been towards me lately," He drops his head clearly ashamed, "But I still love you." He lifts his head and hovers above me his lips just centimeters from mine. 

He whispers, "Turns out you are the light in my darkness."

I don't really get what he means but I smile anyway. I've missed this Eric. The cold way he was even just mere moments ago I couldn't continue. He kisses my forehead and lays in the paint at my side. His eyes search me but I can't get a read on them.

ERIC'S POV

Admiring her face, I can see it clear as day. How did I ever get so lucky? Why did she choose me? You came into my life and like a lightbulb I can truly see. There will never be another soul on this Earth more equipped for mine than her. I've been so wrapped up in this loss and feeling alone all over again. I found myself drowning in darkness and as if I needed more of a reason to be alone I tried to find solace in more darkness. Looking at her I see how dumb I've truly been. I've made quite the mistake and I will spend the rest of my life making it up to her because I can see there will never be another.

All I want is to get myself closer to her but I can't find it me to move. I just will have to settle for just looking at her. I can't feel my hunger, I can't feel the pain of the scars on my body and I can't feel the heat of this sun on my skin. All I feel is light, in its purest form and its emanating from her. She's all I will ever need. She says nothing while I look at her this way. She seems to be happy but I know she's angry with me. I've been awful. I'm sorry Maia. I'm so sorry.

Forgive me.

I reach out and touch her lips, I'd desperately love to kiss her but not yet. I have to atone.

"I hope one day you will forgive me." I say finally looking away.

She turns me to face her, "I will always forgive you. I can't seem to stay mad at you."

I nod, she says this but I know her. She couldn't even look at me before. Spent months trying to regain her trust and her love. I will never be forgiven. Not again. Not this time. Maia, forgive me please but if she can't I will still be there for her; because I know she is the only person I will ever love to such magnitudes.

Aurora's voice renders me cold, "But you once loved me to such magnitudes."

She touches my cheek; instant warmth, "Let's go eat baby."

Sitting with her at the table, we were filling the room with a silence but I welcomed the silence. I'm not quite ready to speak but I wish she could know what I truly think, how I truly feel. My grandmother dying opened a hole I thought had been filled. But her presence simply didn't feel like enough. That unconditional love that everyone is supposed to be given felt like it was gone. While Maia was beside me I still felt like she would leave and I would again end up alone. I succumbed to the darkness that was sure to envelope me. I didn't want Maia to succumb to it as well but regardless of my moods she stood there. She seems to constantly be there, putting my needs above her own. I don't even know what's going on in her life. Now, I don't even feel worthy enough to know.

"Maia..."

"Eric?"

"How have you been?"

She smiles, "It's about time you asked."

She spills like pot at boiling point, her words were going at an overwhelming rate. I tried to keep up with everything about her feelings about her sister, her mother and me. When she spoke about me it was somber and sad, I begin to hate myself just a little more for being so blind. She was angry with her mother and with her sister but she wasn't angry with me. I wish she was angry with me, I deserve it.

I hold onto her and she allows herself to fully cry. Her tears drench my shirt and I just stand there holding her, finally thinking of her before thinking of myself. 

"I'm so sorry."

A/N

I am so sorry babes. You beautiful souls are so patient with me. I've been going through it since the year started but I'm slowly coming back to life. I'm sure this year and the year before ma have been rough. I pray that everyone is in good health. Please stay safe, physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. I love you all for reading and commenting and keeping me going. Read. Comment. Vote.

Later loves -x