IX

Smiling up at his beautiful blue eyes I can't help but think over this weeks events. I feel like majority of my trip has been about finding out how he and I can be without the noise. Without the family drama, or the baby dreams, or even just the history of our relationship. Eric and I thrive when we're just the two of us. Every time it's simply he and I, I fall in love with him over and over again. I notice the way his jaw clenches and releases, telling me he's got something on his mind. I love that I know that about him. I'm happy to get this do over considering the disaster beginning of our first wedding day it was nice at parts but more than that it was an emotional fiasco. I was unsure, angry and betrayed all at the hands of my sister-- and him. Thinking about marrying him in this seclusion with my best friend feels beyond anything I could have ever asked for. This is the wedding I always wanted just the two of us and my best friends what more could I ask for. Maybe my parents but they had their wedding this one is for us.

"I knew you wouldn't marry me... again, without Jordan here so I made it happen." He says with a shrug of his shoulders. "I don't know what your attachment is to her but for some reason unbeknownst to me you love her."

Jordan scowls at him before butting in, "Yeah Eli got on a plane just for this and you know how much he hates the idea of planes."

He shrugs, "I just don't get it how can something that big hold people of all weight classes stay up in the air completely defying gravity?"

Eric with his back towards them rolls his eyes, "See how much I love you I invited Eli and the girl." I chuckle looking at him and taking a glance at my two best friends behind him.

"Wow very mature Eric." She says announcing his name funny. "Maia and I are a package deal so getting her means you're stuck with me. Now let's get this second wedding started!"

Eli smiles, "She's excited to get some time away from the baby and hang with Maia on a beautiful beach. You two can take your time, I'll tame this one." He hoists her up over his shoulder walking away from us giving us a minute to ourselves. Eric watches them leave looking somewhat amused and proud of Eli managing his woman.

"He's learning..." Eric remarks making me chuckle.

"Mr. Blackman the things I'm going to do to you tonight." I say taking his collared shirt into my hands before letting go and resting my hands around his neck. "I love you."

He smirks, "I love the sound of that coming from your lips. Go on with your friend and get dressed, I left you something on the bed. I'll be waiting here."

Getting to the room Jordan gushes, "This place is gorgeous I see Mr. Richy Rich spared no expense on this place." She jumps on me crashing me into the couch. "I'm so happy to be here for you in this place. Eric is a jerk but he takes such good care of my friend and that's all that matters."

Rolling my eyes I let out an airy chuckle over their humorous feud, "Why won't you two just admit you have fun with each other. You enjoy picking and getting under each others skin."

She shrugs, I push her off me and get to the bed to find a beautiful egg white flowing dress with the breast encrusted along the top. Simple, elegant and very beach theme wedding. Beside it is a white box, opening the box I begin to cry its a photo of him and I my hands on his face as I sat on his lap just one of my favorite days here in Zambabwe. Its a black and white, enlarged and in a frame, we look like romance novel type of in love. His eyes are locked on me and mine are locked on him. He looks like he really does love me.

I return my attention to my dress, "Can you help me get ready so I can be with that man out there?"

She smiles, "It would be my pleasure." She wipes at my tears and plays in my curls. I freshen up my braids and my ponytail of curls while Jordan does my makeup. Fully ready to do this again for all the right reasons, I lock hands with my best friend because who better to truly give me away than her? She is gushing along side me and we step our bare feet into the sand and start our march in to the song.