6

The way to perdition requires traveling a long, dirty, ruthless road.

"Yo, Pasha, real shit," Jasper says, grabbing me by the arm as I'm walking out of Jaylen's bedroom. I've finished giving him his bath and finally gotten him to fall asleep. And now all I want to do is get out of these clothes, get in the shower, then crawl into my plush bed. My flight out of LAX was delayed due to heavy rains and air traffic congestion, or some shit. So we ended up landing in Newark almost four hours behind schedule. I'm exhausted and want to be left the hell alone. But, noooo, this nigga has other plans. He wants to be all up in my damn face, reeking of alcohol and weed.

Stay focused. Stay on script. His day is coming.

I snatch my arm back. "Why don't you take your drunk ass back downstairs with your company, and get out of my face? I'm not in the mood for your shit tonight, Jasper. I'm fucking tired." I brush by him, heading toward the master suite. Of course the nigga's hot on my heels.

I've been home less than two hours and he's been on his bullshit from the moment I stepped through the door. The minute I drove through the electronic gates and pulled around the circular driveway and saw his car along with Stax's and three other niggas' cars,
I braced myself, knowing this nigga was going to be turned all the way up.

And he is.

"Yo, fuck them niggas. They know what it is. I ain't seen my muhfuckin' wife ân' son in almost a week. I missed my family, yo."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, right. And how many other bitches did you fuck while your so-called
familywas gone?" I ask, not that I give a fuck. Because truth is, this nigga can stick his dick in whatever lonely hole he wants. Shit, that's what his ass was doing any-damn-way throughout most of our relationship when I did care. So the only thing that's changed now is me not giving a fuck. Shit, I welcome another bitch to take his ass. I'll gladly help her pack his shit.

He huffs. "Aye, yo. Here you got wit' ya bullshit, Pash. Fuck them other hoes, yo." He grabs the bulge in the front of his sweats. "You already know what it is. This dick is all yours."

I roll my eyes, walking into our bedroom with him hot on my trail. He follows me into the master bathroom. "You stay talkin' slick at the mouth, yo. I'm tryna keep shit a hunnid wit' you ân' you wanna be on some ole other shit, yo. Seems like you ain't satisfied until I'm puttin' my fist in ya jaw. What you want, Pasha, huh? Me to have that shit wired for you, is that it, yo? You want a muhfucka to put his hands on you, don't you?"

I glare at him.

This nigga drains me, emotionally. Looking at him disgusts me. Staying with him after what he did to me is one thing. Sometimes it's like I'm having an out of body experience, like I'm aimlessly floating in time watching my life roll in slow motion. The sound-track of lies and deceit and resentment plays over and over in my head. I did this to me. He did this to me. But the fact that I still married his ass screams crazy. And the truth is, I am fucking crazy!

Crazed for vengeance.

Crazed for his suffering.

Crazed with wanting to know who every last one of those niggas were he had violate me. It's all I think about. It's all I ever pray for.

Answers.

Retribution.

Opportunity.

Yet, nothing seems to come. Jasper refuses to tell me how he found out, or who told him, about what I was doing. The last time I asked him who told him, he told me not to worry about it. That it didn't matter. "All you need to know is that I have eyes ân' ears e'erywhere, yo. I'm watchin' you even when you think I ain't, Pasha. So you ain't ever gonna be slicker than me, yo. I love you, baby, real shit. But you fucked me over. And you hurt my heart, yo. But check this. I promise you, if you ever play me again, I'ma cut ya muthafuckin' pussy out ân' fuck ya pretty face up, baby, ân' make sure no one else ever wants to fuck wit' yo' ass again. Ya heard? Real shit. Let me find out you got another nigga's dick in ya throat ân' it'll be da last dick you swallow. I'ma break e'ery muthafuckin' bone in ya face, then have ya fuckin' neck cut out."