Chapter Twenty-Four: The Champions

Previously..................

"The killing curse. Only two people are known to have survived it." He walked up the aisle, looking at Harry then me and I shook my head, "And one of them is sitting in this room."

"I thought Aria Potter was dead." Seamus questioned.

"We never knew what happened to her." He told him, "Her body was never found."

He knew I was Aria Potter. There was no doubt about it.

"What do you think happened to her?" The Irish student questioned.

"I think she's alive somewhere." He said, looking at me, then Seamus. Then he took a drink, walking back to his desk. We were then dismissed and Draco and walked out together.

"He knows." I simply said.

"I figured as much." Draco agreed.

Now...................

Some of us had gathered in the room the Goblet was stored in, watching the older students put their names in. I was doing some working on some homework that had been assigned earlier that day. "Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be chosen." I heard Ron tell my brother.

"Yeah well rather you than me." Harry said looking at his best friend and I agreed. Then the twins came racing in, cheering.

"Thank you, thank you, well lads we've done it." George announced.

"Cooked it up just this morning." Fred told us.

"It's not going to work." Hermione told them.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger." Fred asked, coming up sitting in front of her.

"You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself." She told them.

"So?" He wondered.

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion." Hermione told him, I rolled my eyes when she complimented Dumbledore.

"That's why it's so brilliant." George smirked. They then stood in front of the Goblet, next to each other, downing the potion. "Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?" Fred questioned his twin. They both nodded before jumping in the age line and cheer, thankful that it actually worked. They then put their names in the goblet of fire, making the flame fires rise up right before they are flung across the room. When they get up both of them have full beards.

"You said..." George pointed angrily at his brother.

"You said..." Fred pointed, equally angry. They then roll around, fighting on the floor before Viktor Krum comes in and puts his name in.

"I don't understand why anyone would want to be a part of the tournament." I sighed.

"People like the words, 'eternal glory'." Draco said.

The Night We Find Out The Champions.............

We were all sitting in the Great Hall, ready to find out who the Champions were. The Goblet was in the front of the Great Hall. We were all nervous. "Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for the champions selection!" Dumbledore announced. The blue flame then turns red and a name comes out. "The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" Everyone in the crowd cheers, Krum then goes to the top of the hall, shakes Dumbledore's hand and goes into the back room. "The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour." He announced and once again cheered as she went to the top of the hall, just to go into the back room. "And lastly, The Hogwarts' champion." He began and then the piece of paper went into his hand, "Cedric Diggory." We all cheer as Cedric joins the others, "Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the triwizard cup!" But there was something wrong, something horribly wrong. The goblet flared up once again. Not one piece of paper this time but two. Dumbledore caught both. "Harry Potter." He stated the first name, I looked at my brother terrified. "Harry Potter," He repeated. Harry then got up and went to the top of the hall, joining the others in the back. Then he called another name, the next name I didn't expect to hear or anyone to find out.